Hi i am a 24yr old guy many people have told me that i am attractive looking , but i am extremly shy and senstive person ..i believe that i am nuthing to look at and always keep finding things wrong with myself...even when a girl approaches me and takes the intiative i just feel that i am not good enough ..i did make a gf earlier this year because she realised that i was shy so she literally made me go out with her ..it was really nice and was the best thing that has ever happened to me... then she went away we broke up becasue she was shifting to another place ...i went through severe depression for 3 mnths ...now when ever i think of her i get depressed and long to be with another girl ..but i am real scared of rejection and not doing the right thing ..but i relly want to get into a realtionship or friendship really ...but i dont know what to do ..i am so depressed half the time that i feel i am heading for a nervous breakdown ..i am really a caring guy but i cant be assertive i get real nervous ..is there something wrong with me ?

We all feel a little insecure sometimes, like we're never going to find what we want etc etc, but rest assured that having a g/f isn't everything. We are all scared of rejection too, but don't feel like you're not good enough, and stop the chance of a relationship if a girl takes the initialtive, because you're scared. Girls can sense if you're not happy, and if someone sees you in a bar or something they're not going to approach someone looking down. I think rather than thinking about this girl a lot and longing for another relationship, you should look at the situation at hand. Go out with the lads, have a few drinks, have a laugh. I know you're shy, a lot of guys are, but if you go out with the guys and stop thinking about the girls, your confidence will grow. I don't suppose i've been much help really, but I'm here if you just want someone to talk to. Sometime us girls understand more than the guys. Take care of YOU

Shyness has, and still is, one of the hardest things I've had to deal with. It stems from low self esteem and is very difficult to treat (IMHO).

One thing I've found which helps (other than taking drugs) is doing small tiny things to overcome it. A major one is when a girl makes eye contact - SMILE at her - then look down at the floor (which is usually what us with low self esteem do). After a while of doing this you'll get more comfortable and will be able to maintain looking at her while smiling.

What I tried to do was put myself in the girl's shoes. If I look at a girl and she immediately looks away I take that as her NOT being interested in me. But if she smiles back...you get the picture.

It's small stuff like this that will slowly help you to overcome being shy. So keep on trying and take baby steps....

The best way to get away from shyness is that you don't look at each girl as if you wanted to get married with her right now... Try to talk to people, if somebody asks you something - ANSWER and not just sit and say: "MMm", "Aha", "Eee", jokes fit here really good...

Girls don't like hyper-shy guys - that was my problem for a few years, I just didn't talked loud enough and often didn't knew what to say...

Keep your back straight, smile, shave, wash & stay cool, cause that's what makes you open to the others...