What to do if you are really unhappy at work

Is it a good reason to quit your job?

I am just so unhappy right now. I go through ups and downs at times of either being happy or unhappy at work for a period of time.

The management stinks. Too much favorism. Too many details to remember. They tell us one thing, then tell us different the next day. It is just an endless cycle. It is real frustrating.

I can't afford to quit my job. How do I look for a job while working?

BG

What kind of a job do you have? Is it something that you are invested in career-wise? or is it just a "getting-by" job while you finish school or something like that?

If it is really wreaking havoc in your life and your sanity, then quitting might be the best thing, but is it easy to find a job in your field?

As for looking for a job while working, that's the easiest way to find a new job. You float around resumes while you are still employed. If they want to interview you, you take a day off or a few hours off for interview and see where that goes.

It is much better to look for a job while having a job... you have more leverage, i.e., the new job won't make you a lowball offer because they think you are desparate for a new job, but a better offer to lure you away from your old job to your new job...

there are all kinds of online job boards where you can post your resume and submit for jobs you see there, or respond to jobs in the local paper... but best to do that from your home account rather than work... give them your cellphone number though, not your work number...

and try to get a phone interview before an actual one, where you both talk and decide whether you should take time off for an interview... try to schedule a phone interview at lunch or on your cell phone, where you can take a break and sit in your car or go outside the building to talk to them for the phone interview...

then if it looks like a good opportunity and you both like each other, try to schedule an interview first thing in the morning or in the afternoon, and leave work early that day or come in late... either take leave time, or plead a dentist or doctor appt. or plumber appt. (yeah, not the best to fake it, but if your job gives you no time off, you have to do what you have to do...)

best of luck... everyone deserves a job with a future, and if your not happy, no reason to hang around... no job is perfect, but there's always another job, that probably pays better too! make sure to negotiate a good increase, but then, if it's a great job, and you hate where you are, then take the pay you think is fair and the better opportunity...

To be honest, what you have described happens in basically every other place. Favoritism is like a universal thing, whether in the work place or outside of it. And managers telling you one thing and then something different the next is just how it goes. It's aggravating depending on what it's about but that happens in so many places.

If you can't afford to not have a job, which not many people can over the age of 17, then you do need it... you've got to do what you've got to do.

If you can afford to get another job and are able to switch some things around for it like the schedule and maybe even the pay, then maybe you could start looking for another job... but you could absolutely run into the same problems. Those things are frustrating but it's just how it is. Some people get lucky, though. You have to weigh the circumstances... the pay, the convenience, this that...

You can look for a job while having a job any way you want. You shouldn't bring the help wanted ads to work or talk about it at work of course. But it's pretty basic; post your resume online, or search want ads, or ask around outside of work to see what is available and then apply... things like that.

I know I am a good typist and catches the authors' errors in their writing. I always go and ask them. I save their butts all the time. I am tired of management not showing appreciation for my hard work, saving authors' butts, won't promote me and won't train me in other areas. So that is one reason I am unhappy. I am tired of telling them I am interested in learning other aspects of the department.

I know I am a good typist and catches the authors' errors in their writing. I always go and ask them. I save their butts all the time. I am tired of management not showing appreciation for my hard work, saving authors' butts, won't promote me and won't train me in other areas. So that is one reason I am unhappy. I am tired of telling them I am interested in learning other aspects of the department.

Yeah it's definitely time to find another job. You've shown interest in advancing, they should be helping you with that. I can't really offer any advice since I think BeStrongBeHappy pretty much explained the best way to do it.

Good luck with your search.

Do you have internet access at work? I do and I'm constantly browsing job sites. I was worried my boss might find out, but it's been quite awhile and nothing's been said. Finding the perfect job while employed let's you relax a little because you still have money coming in, and you're not staring at the prospect of finding a job right away or else a refrigerator box to sleep in.

Also, when management refuses to train you for bigger and better things despite your ability and effort...well, then fire them as your employer!