What made you break your committment?

Ok you were totally in love, you committed to being in this forever. The magic left but you stayed in it becuase you made a committment. Then what?

Why did you finally decide to end it? What turned your decidion from forever to the end? If it wasn't abuse, why break the commttment ever?

Going by what my ex has said after the breakup, he wasn't happy towards the end of the relationship, but I wasn't seeing it...He gave us many chances before finally calling it quits, but I blew them all (because I didn't know what was going on). thereforeeee, he had no reason to believe that giving me another chance would change anything...and yeah.

I'm going through a potential divorce now and I'm the one breaking the commitment. I would say, like others, that I have grown throughout my relationship and realized I needed something more from my marriage than I had originally thought. I also fell out of love and all the arguments became unbearable. You can only get so far when you have no desire to be with a person anymore. It's still extremely sad, but I realized that if I wanted to keep myself intact, I'd have to break the commitment.

Did you always feel this way or was it a graduual shift in the relationship? When you "fell out of love" did you still care for them as a person, but just realize that you were (2) dfferent people? Did you have any kids, and if not would that have changed your actions? I am interested beacuse I am at the same place in my life, or so I believe I am and need some insight.

I'm going through a potential divorce now and I'm the one breaking the commitment. I would say, like others, that I have grown throughout my relationship and realized I needed something more from my marriage than I had originally thought. I also fell out of love and all the arguments became unbearable. You can only get so far when you have no desire to be with a person anymore. It's still extremely sad, but I realized that if I wanted to keep myself intact, I'd have to break the commitment.