Top 10 Reasons why breaking NC is a bad idea

10. He/She ran your heart through a meat grinder when you called and you realized later that you were really the one with your hand on the crank.

9. You didn’t really want to hear about the new person in their life. (Think of the new person as the person that sweeps up behind the horses in a parade. Let them clean up the crap left over. There will more it later for them )

8. You won’t get the Clift notes version of what’s wrong with you and why the breakup was your fault. We’re talking the Encyclopedia Brittanica version now, baby.

7. You now have given yourself a whole new list of things to remember that you really don’t want to remember.

6. You will learn the true meaning of the word grovel.

5. If it goes well it just means that you haven’t woke up yet. If you think a hangover feels bad in the morning, just wait….

4. Your ex didn’t really need to learn again for the 26th time that you really don’t understand any part of the word 'No'.

3. Bending over and running your head full speed into the nearest wall is much easier and you won’t have to hold the phone in your hand while you do it.

2. You could have taken their stuff to the trash can out back and it wouldn’t have cost you any gas to get there.

1. If it doesn’t go well it absolutely will not be something you will want to tell your friends and/or grandchildren about.

8. You won’t get the Clift notes version of what’s wrong with you and why the breakup was your fault. We’re talking the Encyclopedia Brittanica version now, baby.

Actually, I think if more people realized what they did to contribute to a break up, the better their chances would be for future relationships not to turn out the same way. However, some people don't want to take responsibility for what they contributed. They'd prefer to externalize the reasons rather than take a hard inward look at themselves.

My personal favorite:

"4. Your ex didn’t really need to learn again for the 26th time that you really don’t understand any part of the word 'No'."

How true indeed. Sometimes I find that after a lot of time passes I start thinking fondly of the ex again and my Restless Phone Syndrome threatens to flare up. But #4 here says it all.