15 reasons I'm struggling with NC - HELP

As most of us are going through similar circumstances I thought I would list the things that have happened in my NC/playing in the band in the past couple of weeks that make me want to break NC and just pick her up and hold her close and tell her how much I love her. But as we all know, I can't...

1. She's only a few feet away from me.

2. She laughs at my jokes

3. She noticed and complimented me on my new shoes

4. She always enters conversations I'm having with others in the band like she's listening to everything I say.

5. She told me she loves my mom

6. She told everyone in the band about my love for hotdogs

7. She loved the beef jerky I gave her.

8. She showed the following week that she still had some of the beef jerky left and wanted more.

9. She makes compliments to me about my guitar playing. Makes me feel like she wants me to feel wanted in the band.

10. She wants to go see the Police when they go on tour

11. She talks to me about her new job

12. She agrees with me when I suggest something to the band

13. She is so pretty to me

14. She smiles at me during songs

15. She's only a few feet away from me....

Hey Sam.....

I tell ya what......Why don't ya break NC and sweep her off her feet ...and when ya wake up....and it didn't happen....you would have wished you stuck with it.

DON'T DO IT !!!!! You will feel worse if you do!!!!

Back me up someone on this one will ya? HA HA

SuperDave71

hey sd i'll back you up on that one, I broke NC and tried to LC, she just took it like everything was fine and now we can go to being good friends. Telling me how she is having so much fun now that she is single and glad that we aren't in a relationship and that we'll always just be friends and nothing more. Felt like crap after so decided to remain in NC no matter what this time, just hurts way to much doing LC.

Do yourself a favour and don't contact them. I learnt the hard way.

SuperDave Thanks, man. I won't break NC. I keep reminding myself of how she acted with me when I was so down and depressed. The night I quit the band (several months ago) we were at a club and she was having a blast and it was obvious to everyone how miserable I was. She seemed to have no compassion whatsoever. I remember how she would flirt with the guys in the band and it was obvious it was just to hurt me. It will take some time before I forget that. I don't mean to sound vindictive it's just that I've seen that side of her and now I know what she's capable of. I still love her just the same but now I've got scars between her & I so NC feels good.

Zombiain: This has been the best band I've ever been in. Aside from this issue, everthing else is great. My strength as a musician comes from playing the guitar & not singing (even though I sing). I've thought about another band but I've been wondering if the edge this band has is becasue of the pain that's going on inside.

bubbles07 I haven't and I won't contact her. It is feeling better day by day but some days I let myself slide back down to the bottom of the valley. I've made up my mind that I will take it day by day and see what life brings me.

sadk: I agree with you. I really do think she still feels something for me. She has been hurt so many times I understand her reluctance to get involved with someone she thought would never hurt her. She knows I didn't hurt her intentionally. I am willing to open that door again someday but for now I want it to open when the time is right and for the right reasons.

No thats a DRUMMER mate! The HEARTBEAT of the band!

Amen to that brother.

Samross, you are doing great. Keep the NC, keep strumming away. Music can be the best threrapy. I really don't know where I would be without my band.

BTW (shameless plug). Our CD is coming out in a few weeks. Check out a few of the tunes here. There is also a new video of our song home. You can see me a banging away.

link removed

Samross. Does your band have a Myspace page? I would love to hear some of your stuff.

We don't have one yet. Working on it. I don't know where I would be without music, too. I just got an email from the drummer in our band and he wanted to let me know that the new guy has everone pumped up but no one in the band considers him ever a replacement for me. He said they realize what I bring to the band and under no circumstances want me to leave or quit. He also understands the situation so that helps.