Ever miss being a kid?

Sorry, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this topic but I've been with my parents for all my life and now with my sister leaving soon and me growing up and all I guess im starting to panic. I've felt comfortable in this environment my whole life and I kind of wish things could be like this forever but I know they can't. I guess I kind of don't feel like theres anything to look forward to.

There's everything to look forward to.

You can experience all sorts of things as an adult.

At first it's frightening, then you get your bearings and start enjoying life.

Then you start buying stuff, marry, have kids, pay bills and get gray hair.

Then you wanna be a kid again and start over.

I kind of have a tendency to think too much sometimes, especially at night. I think way too far ahead at times and start to panic. Its starting to be a habit now.

yeah, last night I started worrying about global warming and what If a meteorite hit earth. Honestly...at night is when you feel the most worrysome and scared.

have you noticed, if you ever have a cold, it gets worse around 6-7 pm, during sun set?

lonelykid- it's okay!! I was just like that when I was your age.

You'll still be part of your family in the same way that you are for a long time yet. You'll leave the house, of course, but slowly, and you will still see your parents a great deal. You'll start to see more of the world, meet new people, and see places and things you never saw before. You will never forget your family, they will always be a part of you, and you will always be a part of them, even if you live on the other side of the world.

It is hard at first... I'm not going to lie. Even now, 5 years after having moved away, I still get homesick. But you adapt- your parents adapt to not having you around, and vice versa.

A new chapter of your life is beginning! It's natural to be scared, and nostaligac--- but also be excited! Think of all the new things you'll do and see!

I know how you feel, first it was my half brother, then my half sister. Then when my mother and father broke up 3 of my brothers went with my father, and my younger brother and 2 older sis stayed with my mother, then later my 2 sis moved in with my father, one of my other brothers moved in with mum, then my father killed himself, then i never heard from any of the family that was living with my father, they blamed my mother for his death, then a year or so later my brother the older one, came home one day, stoned and had a fight with my mother then he packed up his bags and never saw him again. One of my sister is back in my life, well not right now. I now only got my younger brother and my mother left of my whole family, i dont talk to my uncles or aunts or anyone like that. My family is only 2 people now

I forgot to mention that I also seem to panic about old age too. Like life is going by so fast that one day I'll be like man im old already! Kind of scared to reach that point.

Lonelyguy, I too felt like this when I was about your age!

Now that I am old(er) , I don't think I'd like to go back, even though I think back on those days with fond memories!

On a side note, please try not to think about complicated things before going to bed: insomnia could become a bad habit to break

At the risk of sounding like an ole' corn-ball, don't worry, be happy, and enjoy life!

Some people like change, others don't: neither is wrong, both are right.

Lonelyguy, do you think it might be more than the impending changes in your life that's making you feel this way?

Also, I know this is easier than said, but please don't be too sad about your sister leaving; the changes in a relationship dynamics sometimes act as a breath of fresh air and can actually rejuvenate a relationship, be it between siblings, friends, or SOs.

Feel better soon, LG 1:

hopefully someday I'll knock some sense into myself

Me too, LG, me too!

You are *definitely* not alone!

Hugs,

Ellie

ps. I was sad too when my sis moved away to attend school but now we call often and email lots and IM each other all the time; I think we actually talk more now than we did when we were living in the same house (and were busy with our own lives)!

Guess im just affraid to lose what I hold dear to me.

Those whom you hold dear to your heart hold YOU dear in their hearts too; so try not to be so afraid of losing them!!

Also, are you still in school, LG? Hey at least you have Spring Break to look forward to, right?!

I turned 30 just last year, and only now do I start to feel a little bit like an adult. Don't worry so much about the age thing. My twenties just zipped right on by, but man things have slowed down now. I used to think I'd be dead by 50 because it seemed so far away. Fact is, as the years go by you'll keep pushing the date back when you think you'll start to feel old.

Just keep being you, doing the thinks you like. I've been a Transformers lovin, videogame playing freak for 15 years, and I don't intend to stop being that. You don't have to look at what's happening to you now as being an end, just a change. And change, although scary, is good.