What are things guys do that girls find creepy?

Eddward

Above the obnoxious "male" things we do, such as burping, and scratching and other obvious mannerisms..

I've found that women can't stand someone who's negative. If you project yourself as someone who won't smile, isn't "carefree" you lead yourself to be unapproachable.

Bragging about things you own seems to be another they just roll their eyes at. It's one thing to have nice things you want to show up, but do it without shoving it in their face..

Things irritate some other girls, that might not with most. Generally, being outgoing, don't stare, don't drool, don't bad mouth others, and be negative, and be respectful of them, and you shouldn't have a problem.

Being unwilling to try new things is a pretty big turn off. I know the dates I had in the past that never got anywhere, were real stingy about giving my ideas a go. One guy I dated for 6 months, hated going outside - even if it was just for a walk. I thought it was pretty weird when 6 months went by and we never spent any time outdoors.

Looking too much. I know it sounds weird...but it gets unnerving! Also, just particular mannerisms that are...off. A perfect example was my ex's roommate. He just said specific things (completely out of the blue) that really would creep me out sometimes. Such things as: "Your legs look smooth." or "You smell really, really good."

I'm trying to figure out if I'm doing any without realizing it. Years of homeschooling left me not really knowing rules about things like that, and I can't help but wonder if it's part of the reason I don't get along with girls.

If it's any consolation, almost everyone who goes to a school outside of their home feels the same insecurities about the opposite gender.

I think smothering can be creepy. I once dated this guy and our first date lasted for 12 hours. We had just set up a date at a museum. And the thing was I had other plans and told him about them, but he wouldn't leave! I had really liked him up until that point and from then on I was like, yea this isn't going to work. I tried to give him chances after that but in the about 3 weeks we dated (and for over a week of this I was home on spring break), he probably gave me 7 gifts. Definitely overkill and definitely creeped me out.

When I told him that I didn't want to date anymore, the next day I got a text saying he was sorry if he had held back, but he had issues from past relationships. I was like, that's holding back?

This is a good question. Let's see. I think it's a little creepy or weird if a guy talks about his mother constantly. A friend of mine was really creeped out after she went on one date with a guy and he showed up at the bar she works in a few days later, uninvited. A guy once followed me home in his car from the place we had been volunteering, allegedly to make sure I got home okay, which I found a little bit odd. Staring, being overly touchy/familiar too soon, or overly complimentary immediately is also creepy. Over-the-top bitterness about anything, especially an ex, makes me think the person is a potential serial killer. That's about it for now!