Any women here with FSD?

ajax

Curious if any women here have FSD (Female Sexual Dysfunction), if so what treatment path did you and your doctor go with and how effective was it. I believe my wife has FSD (very low libido, absense of sexual fantasies) and am curious about what treatments you used.

Please folks, before you respond and say something witty, FSD is a real medical problem that many women face, while mild cases can very often be overcome with little romantic tricks, severe cases can be much more problematic and require medical help.

Thanks for your input.

ajax, I do take your question seriously, but I went back over your other threads, and I'm wondering...are you sure your wife is suffering from this? Or could something else be going on? Because back in May, she was contacting her ex-boyfriend, and you noted some of the emails were flirty and hinted of sexual content.

How did that resolve itself? Is she still in contact with him? Because there could be another reason why your wife is withdrawing sexually.

Is there any medical evidence your wife has this, or is this a conclusion you've reached on you own. Have you talked to her about this condition she's suffering?

I would have thought romance could be alive and well even in the total absense of sex. In general are you romantic, or do you just view that as a way to get to sex?

Although FSD does exist, I would have to think it's generally something that would be known a lot earlier in a relationship than opposed to later on. Many relationships suffer from very litlle to practically no sex and it's rarely to do with a disorder. More like the chemistry between you has been dissappearing.

Her low libido isn't due to some medical condition, it's due to loss of interest! And no amount of romantic tricks or charm is gonna fix it because the problem is a lot more fundamental and has nothing to do with attraction.

She has no problem lying to you and sneaking around doing things behind your back and that's really bad. A bad sign that she's emotionally detached herself from you. At this point the relationship is essentially over and just going through the motions.

Her low libido isn't due to some medical condition, it's due to loss of interest! And no amount of romantic tricks or charm is gonna fix it because the problem is a lot more fundamental and has nothing to do with attraction.

She has no problem lying to you and sneaking around doing things behind your back and that's really bad. A bad sign that she's emotionally detached herself from you. At this point the relationship is essentially over and just going through the motions.

Whoa! That's a pretty final assessment. And while ajax's previous threads do indicate this could be a *possibility* there is a lot he knows and we don't about the marriage he has been in for 14 years.

Before we come to any conclusions, I think it's important we help ajax sort this out. He hasn't shared any further details yet about why he believes his wife is suffering from a sexual disorder, and there could very well be some evidence that backs this up.

My own initial thoughts were based on his other threads, but I hadn't reached any definite opinion. I need more information.

Thanks for the replies guys. The situation this summer turned out to be nothing more than a friendship, poorly executed, but a friendship no less, no more. The guy in question she ended up setting up with one of her friends.

The issues I referenced have troubled my wife for years. She has infertility issues and PCOS which put her already at a disadvantage hormonally. We have talked about this and she is going to be talking to her doctor next week.

The issues I referenced have troubled my wife for years. She has infertility issues and PCOS which put her already at a disadvantage hormonally. We have talked about this and she is going to be talking to her doctor next week.

That's a positive, that she's willing to talk to a doctor. Also, have you two ever gone to marital counseling?

Well, what's the issue, then? Most people who don't like sex will avoid having it. I was curious about your reference to sexual fantasies. Why would not having these be an indication of a disorder, as long as you were still regularly having sex with your partner?

Is she not getting, er, wet? Or doesn't reach an orgasm? If it's the former, that may be something medical, maybe psychological. If it's the latter, you should know that studies show three out of four women can not reach orgasm through penetration, and very often, many women can only reach it through masturbation.

There are plenty of resources out on the net that talk about FSD. Its a complex medical issue. My hope was that there might be people here who have it, who might be able to share what the medical treatment was for their situation.

There are plenty of resources out on the net that talk about FSD. Its a complex medical issue. My hope was that there might be people here who have it, who might be able to share what the medical treatment was for their situation.

Well, hopefully someone who has it will spot your thread. Because it seems you are pretty convinced this is the issue, even though she hasn't even been to a doctor yet.

Let a trained profession decide if this diagnosis is correct. Is there even a medication for this?

Either way, if you're having sex and it's not as enjoyable as it should be or frequent enough for you then have you thought about applying all the knowledge that's in the web and on this bulletin board concerning such matters when a dysfunction has not been indicated?