Rant about friend~

Why do people have to hide their emotions so much? My best friend since freshman year has been acting like a total jerk to me all night today... and usually this kind of stuff doesnt bother me, but I've been sitting at my house all alone all day today!!!!!!!!!!

the only thing I can think of that would of made him mad at me or something, was that I didnt want to go with to our friend's house to WATCH him play a video game (that I had already beaten) Thats the last time I talked to him...

I hope this doesnt sound too pathetic, but we usually head out to eat all together (mostly cuz no one likes to eat alone) and he never calls me, but instead a friend of mine thats with them calls me and is like "umm.. we are all eating, if you want to come) and when i get there they are all mostly done... he says nothing to me.... and I'm just like.. whatever.. eat fast and get ready to head back... well i overhear their conversation that they are all drinking tonight... which of course I'm apparently NOT invited to??? what the hell? We've been best friends for the past THREE YEARS!!! How do you just not mention any of this to me? and I'm friends with everyone else too!!!

ahh!!! so mad right now!!! and mostly frustrated!! Cuz i dont want to make it a big deal, but its like a huge slap in my face that he just doesnt bother to invite me to any of this, but instead just has me walk all the way back home in the cold to sit by myself at home..... I know I sound helpless and pathetic... Its not like I cant go and do something.. or I dont have homework to do.. its just that you'd think your group of friends would invite you to do stuff.... blah blah blah!!!!

/endrant

Hey Maverick, I'm sorry that this is going on. I know how hard it is when you know something is wrong, but don't know why.

You started off your post asking why people hide their emotions. Maybe this is your answer. Don't hide your emotions. Go talk to your best friend and see what's going on. You don't have to make a huge deal out of it, but you should find out why he's acting this way. Since you'd want him to tell you if he's upset, you should do the same with him.

Good luck!

Well it's not an easy thing to do. I have such a hard time telling someone I'm upset with them, mostly out of fear of how they will react. So I understand your hesitation. It's much easier to tell other people about it to figure out what's happening.

I think it's all about how you approach him. Maybe something like, "Hey I've noticed that you've been acting a little different with me lately, are we cool?" Since you guys are best friends, he should be OK with you asking him.

Hey Maverick, I'm sorry that this is going on. I know how hard it is when you know something is wrong, but don't know why.

You started off your post asking why people hide their emotions. Maybe this is your answer. Don't hide your emotions. Go talk to your best friend and see what's going on. You don't have to make a huge deal out of it, but you should find out why he's acting this way. Since you'd want him to tell you if he's upset, you should do the same with him.

Good luck!

But we're men, we don't do emotions.

ha, i thought of that posting this.. i was like.. I'm complaining about him not telling me why hes being a jerk..... but... here i am posting on a message board.... ironic?? I think so.. lol

But posting here is a great way to relieve that frustration and hurt and anger before you talk to him. I admit this is strange that you are being left out, especially after 3 years. I would call him out on it, just be like, hey man are you p.o.ed or what? See what he says and go from there.

little update on this... I ended up just hanging out a home with a girl from school here.. had a lot of fun and stuff.. and he came back.... kinda miserable ;;; so i ended up just going up to his room to see how things were and i guess everything is back to normal

I dont know, maybe I just overreacted? It was a pretty stressful day today...

thanks for the posts guys!!!!