What The Hell Is The Point?

First, I would take my "infinite wisdom" and throw it out the window. What you are looking for has nothing to do with "infinite wisdom".

With all of your "infinite wisdom" why don't YOU have the answer? I would think all that "infinite wisdom" would at least supply you with a basis for co-existing with negativity....I hope something gives you that, because if not, you are in for a long, hard life of only PERCEIVED downs, with no breaks or even a ray of sunshine. Because life is all about HOW YOU REACT TO SITUATIONS....and let me tell you, life does NOT deal you (or anyone else) all good scenarios.

It seems that you are willing to expose your problems, or frustrations....but are not willing to really take a look at them, see where the REAL problems lie, and do everything in your power to make things be the way that you want them to be. The ONLY person TRULY responsible for your happiness........is you.

Your comment on the big corporate engine is only symptomatic of your already tainted view on reality.

I found that when I got off my butt and tried to change the direction my life was heading, even though it did not change immediately, I at least found some kind of satisfaction with the fact that I was in charge of what I did, and from there, it took off. I think responsibility (that is NOT equal to "infinite wisdom") is something that also adds meaning to life.....once acquired of course.

I am not down-playing your personal issues. I am sure they exist, and that they are tough to endure. But, you have to remember, that as many problems as you have and as complex and deep as they may or may not be...the person sitting right next to you has issues of their own, and they are just as worried about theirs as you are about yours.

It would be selfish to think your problems exist by themselves...of course your wisdom told you that....didn't it?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do all breakthroughs have to make our lives a living hell? You might create a whole new philosophy, or a means of making the paralysed move again; you might create new ways of viewing the stars, or make renewable energy something that can feasibly replace coal. You might help avert terrible disasters. You might help people in some way - do these sorts of options hold no value to you whatsoever?

The reason is politics. Everything we make, has to have another use. If we view the stars, it is only a time before we being sectioning off a division of men to develop a way to live on them. Look at Mars - thats happening today! Anyways. What I was driving was that no matter how much you invent, if you give it to others - it wont be used as you intended, and you cant change that.

It boils down to this.....No one else can tell you the point of life. You have to find it on your own. It's an individual thing. Whatever answers you're looking for you're only going to find them within yourself.

My friend, you are correct I believe. I used to ask myself what the point to life was, and came short when nobody could answer that simple, basic question. It infuriated me! I was enraged "Why the hell do you have a PHD when you can't even answer a simple question!" I would ask doctors, councilors, and my father.

I never believed you wanted it, I hadn't ascribed a value judgement to it either way. I do think that you are using your intelligence as an excuse to not engage with the world, and you seem to be using it to ward off any arguments put to you that there might be more to life that you just haven't found yet. While I recognise that being different from others can be isolating and deeply depressing, I do not accept that possessing high intelligence necessarily makes one immune to enjoying life.

I do think that you can change your perspective if you want to, and it might also require someone else's help to find the right tools for you to move forward. It would seem a real shame to me if you looked at your life to date, and your recent heartbreak, and decided life wasn't worth it. There really is much more to all this than that, I promise.

I wasn't saying that high intelligence negates joy. I was saying that in me, my personality is Analytical. It has nothing to do with my intelligence, but that only adds to it here and there. The problem with me finding joy and or fun is that I analyze everything, automatically, without even realizing it and by the time I notice it, it is already a bore.

First, I would take my "infinite wisdom" and throw it out the window. What you are looking for has nothing to do with "infinite wisdom".

With all of your "infinite wisdom" why don't YOU have the answer? I would think all that "infinite wisdom" would at least supply you with a basis for co-existing with negativity....I hope something gives you that, because if not, you are in for a long, hard life of only PERCEIVED downs, with no breaks or even a ray of sunshine. Because life is all about HOW YOU REACT TO SITUATIONS....and let me tell you, life does NOT deal you (or anyone else) all good scenarios.

It seems that you are willing to expose your problems, or frustrations....but are not willing to really take a look at them, see where the REAL problems lie, and do everything in your power to make things be the way that you want them to be. The ONLY person TRULY responsible for your happiness........is you.

Your comment on the big corporate engine is only symptomatic of your already tainted view on reality.

I found that when I got off my butt and tried to change the direction my life was heading, even though it did not change immediately, I at least found some kind of satisfaction with the fact that I was in charge of what I did, and from there, it took off. I think responsibility (that is NOT equal to "infinite wisdom") is something that also adds meaning to life.....once acquired of course.

I am not down-playing your personal issues. I am sure they exist, and that they are tough to endure. But, you have to remember, that as many problems as you have and as complex and deep as they may or may not be...the person sitting right next to you has issues of their own, and they are just as worried about theirs as you are about yours.

It would be selfish to think your problems exist by themselves...of course your wisdom told you that....didn't it?

Just another guy to badger on my use of a common phrase? I guess, common sense, isn't one of the requirements to harp on someone.

Obviously you read through enough of my posts to read up to where I had said "infinite wisdom", either that or you saw it in quotes and it struck you as a good thing to harp on?

Look. If your going to attempt to post advise, begin by advising through wisdom, experience, responsibility, knowledge, or authority. I'm not telling you who to be or how to be that person, but if you wish to give somebody your advise, it would be great to give the advise, without cirtisizing someone. A more emotional person could easily by hurt by your savage critique and then your efforts of advising would be a floundered attempt that made the situation worse than it was beforehand.

Onto what you said that Was of value. I made comments about the political machine, correct. I did not focus on them. I primarily covered my views on them in one post and only replied with a post containing views on the politics of the nations that we live in when directly asked or questioned about them.

As far as responsibility goes, I have had a great deal of responsibility in my life - ranging from taking care of little pets to taking care of my younger brother. I've also had responsibility in the authoritative form, though, I'm sure none of that counts, right?

As far as selfishness goes - I will ask you one question. Will you state, in one post that I personally made, that said I am not selfish? I'm sure that task will be rather difficult, however, fear not for I do not expect you to look in all honesty as it would be a waste of time. What I am saying is, yes, I realize that worrying about myself is "selfish", but then again... I guess you should realize that eating that dinner you eat every night instead of giving it to a poor and dieing sickly kid is highly selfish as well. Now, what my "wisdom" does tell me about selfishness is that without it - we will die. We must look after ourselves, before we can possibly help others.

Now, I apologize for the aggressive nature of this post, however, I felt that maybe it would get through to you.

I wasn't saying that high intelligence negates joy. I was saying that in me, my personality is Analytical. It has nothing to do with my intelligence, but that only adds to it here and there. The problem with me finding joy and or fun is that I analyze everything, automatically, without even realizing it and by the time I notice it, it is already a bore.

Okay, I realise you weren't literally saying high intelligence negates joy, but the tone of your posts has been along the lines of your higher capacity, your nature etc negates joy. You have tended to link your nature to your intelligence and capacity. That's what I meant.

I also think that you turning everything into a bore can be changed. There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy...

I guess the issue is as I see it, is your answer to this question:

Just say I could guarantee you that your feelings will change. You will not be bored, you will find some level of fulfillment. It won't be isolated or depressing. You will find love, and you will enjoy things.

So I have made you that promise, and I have it in my power to make it so.

Does that change your perspective? Do you want to be around and see what happens?

(Edited this post a lot ^_^;

Love...

Since I remember, since the age of 10, I haven't known happiness outside of love. It's as if the two are intertwined for me. Of course, some things, unpredictable typically will cause me to be happy for a few moments here and there, but nothing is as stable or long lasting as love. Nothing that I know of at least.

I used to play soccer, and basketball, and football (not on a team), and several other sports, they were fun. But then, I don't know what happened. But it was something major happened, I know because I can't remember it or hardly anything before it. I attempted to continue to do what I remembered as fun, but then everything bored me. I didn't realize until a few years ago, slightly before I met Jessica. I began asking questions like "what is the meaning of life" and some other questions, some that were very deep, very dark, and very twisted. My doctor recommended me to see a psychologists, actively - he gave my dad a list of 12 or so local psychologists that had a good reputation.... but he trashed it. He never was the one to believe in outside help, especially on psychological issues/problems.

Shortly afterwards, I became suicidal - very very suicidal. I no longer wanted to live. All my dreams were nightmares. I had nothing left here, nothing to hold me down, no firm ground for me feet to step on to - just a gaping void in which I must walk. I was in the middle of planning how I would suicide... a foolproof plan, of course. It had taken me awhile but it was almost complete. I didn't really want to die, not if I could find something that bound me to this Earth. Then it happened. Jessica told me she liked me, but it was implied to be a liking much beyond that of a friendship. I immediately halted my plans. After speaking to her for a few months, I asked her out - at which time all plans of suicide and death went out the window, I destroyed my previous plans.

This sounds rough. I do think that you should try and see a therapist outside of your father's plans, because there really might be a way for someone to help you move forward here.

I know this sounds self-evident, but it's really not a good idea to tie your self-worth entirely to another person. But...

I might stick with the PMs for now - we seem to have two conversations going .

Actually, before I do, I'm interested - what made Jessica that "liferaft" person for you? What characteristics?

I... I don't know.

She didn't highly appeal to me, physically, until after I fell in love with her. Then her image was replaced with that of a goddess in my mind. I guess... Maybe because I was desperate? I wanted someone that cared, someone that was like my in some way, someone that could love me and be with me. I saw that in her, but I guess that glow that I saw so bright and radiant in her is waning

I knew she was sort of an outcast to society (our school), similar to me in that respect. She has friends and has had friends that "loyally stand by her side" but I'm afraid that there was a lot of manipulation involved in that friendship - she always seems so ready to follow their lead... always following. She and her friends were what the school termed "anime nerds". I didn't like the others and they didn't like me. They still don't like me, save one, that is rather a nice girl.

I was rejected by everyone and everything I knew. My father - we had our differences. My mother - the bond that never formed. My brother - the distant and nonexistent (mine as well have been). Society - That big group of shallow puppet figures. Even my grades suck because of my family life. I could never concentrate, I couldn't think clearly. They were driving me insane.

So, maybe it was that I was desperate, for someone that was similar to me - that I could love and could love me back, that I thought I would be able to share a future with.

---

Yes, we do have two (rather large, each one is by now) topics going, don't we =P.

Well, we can stick with the PM one then - just bring anything from here over there that you want

Its great talking to you again caro33.

Omar_A, let me just star by saying I'm like you a big fat brain in my head the couses me no end of main, like you I get bord very fast, so I'm endlessly doing stuff, I'm older and have had my far share of hart ake and kikkings from life, in my 40 years I have done a lot things good and bad.

I read throw your posts and can see the anger rageing inside of you mosty from a relationship gone bad but soom I feel from fear that your childhood school days are coming to am end,

soon you will not be shining becouse others have set you tasks to do, teachers etc, but the big fish tank of life is heading your way and you can not be top of the class in there, just one more fish in the sea, I'm not trying to patrenise you here its just the hard facts. Ok your smart and you know stuff but that will only get you so far, you need like skills and expreance to keep on larning, not just about the world but about what kind of a guy your going to be, what kind of lover, husband, father, work mate and freand.

If you getting this broken up over your 1st real gf god help when your 1st childs really ill.

Your going to have to plaming yourself, hating yourself and the world and pick yourself back up.

You can not "Think" your way out of this one your going to have to "Feel" your way out.

That means cutting yourself some slack, have a brake and stop trying to get every thing right, see I larnt long ago some truths about my life.

You have to mess-up to larn just what is the point in getting it right 1st time you larn nothing.

The pain you have now its linked to the joy you will feel when you get it right, the loss of one gf who for the moment you think you will love for ever will make the joy of your wedding day with a true love even more sweet.

You need this pain here and now, you "Have" to go through this to make you the man you can be.

Yes it a B**** yes it hard, but that's the fun of it,

Me I look at pain now and see it for what it is, just the lows in the path of life, for some this paths hard to walk, for me that's ok that there chouse, but me I'm just to darn stubborn, its go nothing to do with IQ its to do with looking the world in the eye and saying "That's it!, is that the best you can throw at me, becouse if you think your going to best me then you ant seen any thing yet!"

It means standing what all thows around you are falling, alone if need be and never ever giving up.

Most millioners failed many times befor they got it right, why cuz there dumb no cuz thay had to larn throw getting it wrong to know how to get it right. loves just the same, some a small few hit it right 1st time but you like me did not, now get back up and try again.

last of all a dear freand always says to me, a life is a house with 4 rooms, mental, physical, emotional, spiritual. You have to visit each room every day to have a full life. Ask yourself do I visit evey room each day and if not why not.

there is my wisdom for what its worth, I don't know if it will help I hope it dos in any small way.

Spugly

spugly

I did not state that you focused on the part about corporate america. I just find that to be something you have in common with millions of other people who have yet to realize that if they wanted to....that they could be part of it, a big part, and then they would change their mind.

It seems that the people who don't want to make the sacrifices it takes to be great, are the same people who hate successful business professionals, which I am.

I want to set the record straight. I think you took what I was saying the wrong way. I was not meaning to say that it is selfish to worry about yourself....because that would have been contradictory as I stated in my initial post that you are the only person responsible for your happiness. What I was meaning, is that it would be selfish to think your problems are the most important problems, or the most complex or difficult things to deal with and then to decide to end your life...other people have problems, just the same and are able to find some kind of coping mechanism.

You can too, and this is where your age comes to mind. No matter how mature you are, no matter what you have seen or experienced...still you are young and have A LOT to experience...good and bad, and these experiences will shape you as a person, and only add to your "wisdom".

Know this. I AM NOT DOWN-PLAYING your personal issues. I am not. But I am telling you that you need to put yourself out there and be who you want to be. It wont happen tomorrow, or next week or month. But it will happen eventually, you will see.

Anything in life worth having, takes sacrifice.

Onto responsibility. IMO, that does count, albeit in a minor way for responsibility. Look, when I was young, I was responsible too. When I was 14-15 I was taking care of my grandmother who was dying of ALS everyday instead of doing things that kids my age would be doing. I had a lot of things in my life that taught me some sort of responsibility or another, but it was not until I was older (and had a child) that I acquired responsibility in the whole sense of the word.

My advise was not to cut you down. It was to point out that you were stressing the wisdom part so hard, that I think that is drowning out what you should focus on, and that is yourself, wisdom aside.

I should point out that in order for this forum to be effective, the advice that is given to you should be welcomed, and should be taken with an open mind. I am not telling you to AGREE with it, but i noticed that you had a response for everyone, telling them why they are wrong. Maybe this has something to do with your dim outlook...??

I would think that if you TRULY wanted help, you would have taken advice here and at least given it some thought. Instead, you just shoot it down. So before you start telling me how to give advice, or that my advice might make your or someone else's situation worse, you need to understand that in the future, advice given to you is not always going to be what you want to hear. Thats Life. But I am sure you know that, with that wisdom and all.

I agreed with much of what you said sddeaston, but not all. This is one of the areas I kind of digress from you. I think it's great that omar is already spotting the huge corporate influence on much of society. It's undeniably there, sorry.

But what I hope omar will do is continue to reject any such path that lets him get sucked into the vacuum so many find themselves in today. In other words, the path of least resistance.

omar, it is disconcerting to see a lot of this stuff, but there are many people who decidely take a different road, and end up leading a more authentic, meaningful life. Don't get discouraged just because you've seen the negative side of humanity and society first.

in my opinion it is totally pathetic to commit suicide, i dont care whats wrong, just do something, anything that stops u thnking. just get on with life like everyone else does.

That's kind of harsh. How are you to know that if your world fell completely apart and you sank into depression you wouldn't consider or do it.

Someone suffering worse than another is just perception.....like pain. To some it might be worse, to others it may not. And really, at the end of the day the fact that someone, somewhere may or may not have suffered worse really doesn't mean much. Everyone is different. Everyone can cope with things that others can't. Why is it cowardly? Because society says so? What about people with chronic pain that will never get better? What about those with debilitating illnesses killing themselves earlier than their disease manifests itself? Are they cowardly too? To be honest if I were at the point where I was definitely going to kill myself I wouldn't care whether someone would think I was a coward or not because, frankly, I'd be past any kind of subjective thinking by then.

Living for a possibility that probably won't come means you'll never have happiness. So should people stick around to make others happy? Isn't that selfish on the people guilt tripping you into doing so?

I don't know why I was expecting more from your post, Spugly. I guess it was because you said you read through all my posts in this thread and from previous posts that you have made - you seem like a rather intelligent person that can understand things on a deeper sense than others. But, I guess you didn't really read all my posts on this thread - either that or I kept the primary posts (about 4) in PMs, I cant remember.

The thing is, this girl I love and am going out with, Jessica. She is not the reason, at all. I am the reason, and nobody else. I was going to commit suicide before I met her, she only stood in my way and stopped me for awhile. I Do believe I posted that on this thread, though it could be in one of my posts with my dear friend Caro33 or my other dear friend dogheadma. Anyways, you can continue to think whatever it is that you wish, but the problem is much more intricate. While a love is a cure or a solution, it is not the cause. Sometimes you cure things by using the same exact thing as a cure (ex: poison), but often times that will not work (ex: cancer, diabetes, AIDS, etc).

The second thing you focused on was my intelligence, and my ability to stand out in school. Well, yes, I am intelligent, especially in comparison with the bulk of my peers. However, I do not use or abuse my intelligence in a public setting in general. For 3 years I have barely been getting by in my classes - publicly I would just say its because my courses were the highest level and it was hard to keep up, but that was bull$***. I've always hidden my level of intelligence, and while one of my friends senses that there is much more behind what I allow others to see - even he has no clue of what I cover up. So you see, it is not about standing out, for when I am out of school - if god permits it, then I will stand out - a lot, in the corporate world.

I am sorry. You told me that you are 'high up' in the corporate world. Typically, thats not the easiest thing to do, unless if it is provided to you by your family or heritage. Typically, it requires a great deal of education. Most educated people are very well at composing essays or discussions that are highly persuasive. While I am not trying to attack you, I am merely stating a point since it was rather hard to read and fully comprehend your reply as it was rather scattered.

Well, onto it. I do not have a tainted vision of the corporate world. I recognize it for what it is. Sure, its not something like the military or a prostitution agency, but it is no different. While those agencies use a persons body, the corporate world uses peoples brains, or at least the physical workforce they can exert. Now. You say I cannot hope to obtain any position of high status while maintaining my "tainted" views. I wish I could agree with you, but being that I had an offer to come work for a company immediately after school - and they would pay for my college education and initial living costs - I find it rather hard to believe that, sorry.

So many people like me? Really? I don't see that many, but I guess if you dwell in these forums you will become disillusioned that these people make up the bulk of the world. But for the few that are like me, I really have to say that it is shameful of you to patronize someone that actually stops and thinks - what is the meaning? Survival? But those are just basic animal instincts right? We humans, are vastly superior to those primitive animals, or atleast we claim to be. So - beyond reproducing (or ****ing one anothers brains out), what is the point?

"in my opinion it is totally pathetic to commit suicide, i dont care whats wrong, just do something, anything that stops u thnking. just get on with life like everyone else does." - Yeah? Well in my opinion, anyone that hasn't stopped and thought about it really isn't living the great life. They are just machines, tools to be used that are completely disposable as they are all identical. People, without the ability to stop and think, without the ability to rationalize, without the ability to understand a scenario from a perspective other than their own - thats what is truly pathetic.

By the way, the above line that I quoted from you - great inspirational tool, sounds just like what someone that wants to create "mindless robots" would say .

Hey Scout. One thing I learned is that while one person may be a genius in one field - that does not make them a genius all around. Sddeaston is a smart man, no doubt, as are many of us that post in these forums. He has his views, we have ours. Sometimes, it is best to simply "agree to disagree". I don't agree with or like his views on corporations, but I won't try to change them - he is free to have them as he pleases, that is one of the freedoms that this corporate world has left - so why should we, the people take it away?

Anyways, thank you for your support however, I will be going on with the path of least resistance - to the corporate world, in the profession of business administration. While I may not allow them to control me, to use to me, to run my life, I will be a part of them - whatever that may mean to some. I truly don't mind all too much, I will simply be in the business world for a short duration before I am capable of obtaining the assets required for early retirement Then, I will be "as free as you can be in this world" to do what I wish to - initially, lots of travel.

Hello Jaffa. Nice name, reminds me of Stargate - great show =D. Probably got it from there, eh? Maybe not. Anyways, I like that you have an open mind - that you do understand that there are different things in life and different qualities other than what the media and the societies forces into our brains. I will probably contact you via PM sometime soon as I seem to have developed a habit of doing that when I find someone that seems to be approachable from a diffrent "plane" , if you will.

Hm, You seem quite contradictory there, now don't you?

You see - you don't admonish someone from suiciding due to physical pain, but emotional and mental pain are completely admonishable - no?

Well, you may be "older and more experienced" than me, but Age is something I've had a trifle with since I was younger than 10. "No, your not old enough, you don't understand." Ever give in, and think that maybe, someone younger than you Might actually understand, you believe in life don't you - understanding is supposed to be one of the great things about life, like talent, some get it and some don't. Now, what I am saying is that "me in my infinite youth" has some piece of wisdom that the "elderly sage of all knowingness" may not yet fully comprehend.

Life has three aspects - physical, emotional, and mental. There is no aspect of life that can be more painful than the other, each aspect of life can easily lead to death, or disability in some form. While it is easier to wound a person physically, an emotional "blow" generally will hurt a person a lot more. While you cannot die from emotions, you can become essentially disabled, possibly even die from another reason (very graphic, and I don;t want to get into it, at the moment). Similarly, physical pain sucks, but mental pain does as well. In fact, theres tons of people that can withstand enormous amounts of physical pain, but the smallest amounts of mental pain can ruin the person over for a long time.

If suicide is permissible due to of a physical pain, then it permissible due to any, extreme, form of pain.

"I don't know why I was expecting more from your post, Spugly. I guess it was because you said you read through all my posts in this thread and from previous posts that you have made"

Thats Ok Omar_A I just try my best some times it dos not get there but thats dos not matter what matters is I tryed.

"you seem like a rather intelligent person that can understand things on a deeper sense than others. But, I guess you didn't really read all my posts on this thread - either that or I kept the primary posts (about 4) in PMs, I cant remember."

I can only gone on what I have read if some is hidden from me then I have can not coment.

"The thing is, this girl I love and am going out with, Jessica. She is not the reason, at all. I am the reason, and nobody else. I was going to commit suicide before I met her, she only stood in my way and stopped me for awhile... but the problem is much more intricate. While a love is a cure or a solution, it is not the cause. Sometimes you cure things by using the same exact thing as a cure (ex: poison), but often times that will not work (ex: cancer, diabetes, AIDS, etc)"

But I must say a lot of us who have broken heads us this one trick to stay aflowet until the storm passes, what I wont to know is do you think your storm will pass, in the past has it passed for a time?

"The second thing you focused on was my intelligence, and my ability to stand out in school. Well, yes, I am intelligent, especially in comparison with the bulk of my peers. However, I do not use or abuse my intelligence in a public setting in general. For 3 years I have barely been getting by in my classes - publicly I would just say its because my courses were the highest level and it was hard to keep up, but that was bull$***. I've always hidden my level of intelligence, and while one of my friends senses that there is much more behind what I allow others to see - even he has no clue of what I cover up. So you see, it is not about standing out, for when I am out of school"

So you hiding who you are and have been doing so for some time, are you happy with that fact, is it throw chous of where you made to do this? Could it be where your anger is coming from when your one here, here you can show you mind true no hiding here and the rage is only just held in check?

Im sorry but I must ask this do you hid your mind from her?

Which leeds me to this

"if god permits it, then I will stand out - a lot, in the corporate world."

and

"I will be going on with the path of least resistance - to the corporate world, in the profession of business administration. While I may not allow them to control me, to use to me, to run my life, I will be a part of them - whatever that may mean to some. I truly don't mind all too much, I will simply be in the business world for a short duration before I am capable of obtaining the assets required for early retirement . Then, I will be "as free as you can be in this world" to do what I wish to - initially, lots of travel."

It seems to me that you have a life plan that you wish to follow, one that is not about killing ones self.

but you did not answer my question are you scared of the futuer?

To all this please PM your repay.

all the best

Spugly

What the hell is the point in living, when you have nothing to live for?

What the hell is the point in living, when everything bores you?

What the Hell is the point in living, when everything blows up in your face and you become a failure or a public mockery?

If you have nothing to live for, then just find enjoyment of being. You can be anything you want to be. We have the capacities through our emotions, logic, and even imaginations to make any world for ourselves to escape to at anytime. But need not escape. Need not live for anything. Just be who you are and experience that. Accept that. Find contentment in motionless living- just looking around, no matter what is there and seeing everything as a mirror of the human heart. Every storm cloud that passes your way, every leaf that falls to the ground and every home that is broken. See it all as a mirror and reflect. Just be.

When everything blows up in your face, you blow off everything to be alone or somewhere else or with someone else until you are ready to return and pick up the pieces...whether it take a moment or some years.

When you fail or become a public mockery, you must make yourself humble so you steadily walk through it to a new horizon. There will always be one that lays ahead if you move towards it no matter what, dropping your fears and insecurities on the road behind you.

Remember this: the spirit breaks only once we believe it can be broken.

You just wasted an entire paragraph trying to word your sentences in a way that was demeaning, yet sensible. I applaud your efforts, since I had to read it twice to really get the idea of what you were saying, but at the same time I see that coming from someone who only wants to appear smart. Basically I am saying that you are making up for something that you are TRULY lacking. Wisdom. (which by the way is different than KNOWLEDGE, which you seem to have at least a little bit of) If you were honestly as full of "wisdom" as you claim, you would look past the face value of the words of my (or anyone else's post) and you would be able to decide what is good advice FOR YOU, and what is not from there.

As of now all I see is you throwing everyone's post in their face.

I think you are someone who wants attention, who wants to be praised and congratulated for the smallest of accomplishments. I am sorry, as I do not know what experiences in your life took you to that point, but it must be difficult to deal with. You have undermined my efforts to help you out. Like I said, good advice may not always be worded the way you hope for, but it is still that...good advice. But since it has been more worth your time to take as much time as you have to tell us all why we are wrong, I will most assuredly stop wasting my time with this thread.

Since you know we are all wrong, then enlighten us.... What the hell is the point?

Just because he is challenging the things said doesn't mean he hasn't processed them all in at the same time. Challenging someone doesn't always imply ignorance. You dig an argument by opposing it. That's how a person moves past obvious arguments to the real truth (the backing of each argument, what makes it work and why).

Real truth should explain everything and leave no questions. A side of an argument can't win unless there are no more doubts concerning it, no more questionings of it, until all has been expained. If a person doesn't agree with your side of the argument, you haven't convinced them well enough through YOUR logic and reasoning. It isnt automatically because THEIRS is faulty or something. Yours is simply being tested to see from what grounds do you claim what you say and if they are sturdy enough to withstand all challenges: to see if they are really true.

He's allowed to have questions. He's allowed to disagree. If people simply absorbed advice they are given but doubtful of, they would never understand the reasoning behind the advice and how the reasoner promoting it got there. The backing of the arguments are what he seeks out- to see if they are sturdy, if they can work no matter what.

There is no reason for you to challenge him back through means of complaining about his way of challenging you. Sorry the way it's done is making you annoyed, but it's also testing you- as long as it does that, it serves its purpose. No use whining.

Alright everyone take a deep breath and a chill pill and think before you write.

Stop attacking each other personally and stick to the topic at hand.

If you don't like someone's advice, then just don't take it. But quit spending time picking other people apart here. That's not the purpose of our forum and you will gain nothing by doing so.

• Like 1