Breast odor and discoloration

Over the past few months I have noticed a change of color on my breasts. Sometimes I will see reddish areas, and sometimes I will see a little discoloration patches. My breasts haven't changed in form, and I guess being the hypochondriac that I am, I tend to check them every single day b/c some of my step family has had breast cancer, and my step cousin died from it in her early 30's. I don't know my biological father's side of the family so I don't know if there is a risk, but I know that even sometimes with the environment, and eating habits, the risk can be great in anybody.

The other thing I noticed over the past few months is that when I take off my bra, there is an odor that is so wreched. I can smell it even before I take my bra off, because I will be looking around me saying to myself "what in the heck is that smell?". It smells like horrible body odor or an unclean butt. It's disgusting, because I am a clean person and I take a shower once or two times a day, and even use baby powder under there. I changed my laundry detergent to ALL with no perfumes or dies, and even changed my soap, and still the same thing, so I don't know what could be the problem. It even happens on days where I don't sweat much.

My mother says I need to get it checked out ASAP, but I admit I am a little worried and also thinking maybe I am being a hypochondriac. I really don't know what to think, but I know that I should get it checked out just to make sure. I'm always feeling little bumps and tiny ingrown hairs on my breasts these days, so it's obvious they are changing in some ways. I just really hope not in the direction of cancer. That really scares me. Can anyone give me advice on what I am experiencing?? Does anyone know why or what this is?

yep, Boughs, it's probably the same fungus as jock itch in men...LOL!!

or could be ringworm you got from a pet... also a fungus...

anyway, millaj, you can try an antifungal creme or spray powder on it, but it is probably best to go to a doctor to be sure... don't be embarrassed, that's what doctors are for!

it could also be contact dermatitis that is inflamed, which you can get from allergies to soaps, perfumes, etc. and there are some stubborn bacterial infections that require antibiotics to get rid of...

so worth a doctor's visit to get the correct medication/recommendation.

• 9 months later...