Short Guyss

I think that if you two develop a good connection, the height issue will stop mattering in your mind anyway. It's at least worth trying. Go for it.

By the way, on the other side of things, it's probably fairly awkward for him as well. But like I said, it'll stop mattering too much if you guys are into each other.

I agree insofar. I remember my ex and I were the same height. I thought it was awesome. We saw eye to eye on everything. I remember one of her friends asked if she ever felt awkward around a guy who wasn't taller than she was. She replied "Why?"

I believe if you can make a girl feel like she hasn't felt before, a few inches won't enter into the equation. But we're all socialized to like certain things, I think. Guys in some respects, girls in some respects (like height).

I don't agree that a shorter man has to make a woman feel like she's never felt before just because he's not taller than she is or not tall - he doesn't need to do anything to compensate for his height - as I mentioned above my boyfriend is 5"5 and I would not prefer that he be any taller. It simply doesn't matter and when I do notice it I notice it in a positive way only.

That's not compensation at all, if thats what you thought I meant. That's attraction.

Every guy has to stand out in some way, whether tall OR short. The same can generally be said about women as well, at least in my perspective. What I meant was if you FEEL attraction, if you make a woman feel like you stand out, height generally won't enter into the equation.