I feel so incredibly depressed

life is so downhill...honestly, what do you do when you feel like your life is empty and you're literally screwed?? I think I failed one of my classes, and one of them I still haven't submitted anything since October for... not sure what the prof. is going to do with that.

I can't concentrate on school or anything anymore. I feel like I can't even handle my own thoughts.

Life and the World is so incredibly complicated, more than anyone will ever truly be able to grasp. When the craziness, randomness, and difficulties of living come and smack you in the balls and you feel stressed, pained, or burdened, just...relax; it's just another event in this mysterious world we live in. Other than that, talking to a psychiatrist could be quite helpful

You're overwhelmed right now, it's normal to feel as if you want to just emotionally shut down, but the good news is, you will survive all this, and even if you flunked every single class, (which is not the case) you're going to be fine, sure you might feel 'disappointed" but ya know what, college is just the very beginning of your life journey. Everything that is happening now is not going to last forever, it's going to pass...

It's always good when we are really down to go to the bookstore and buy a biography of someone who's been through so much...

I can tell you there were times in college where I just wanted to crawl in a hole, and stay there forever... because of my break up, my grades, the papers I had due, but you can only do the best you can do in any given moment.. one day at a time... try not to put so much pressure on yourself, if you are feeling sad, then feel it, eat some chocolate, go for a walk, go help someone who needs something, then take some time to confront your "school work" as best you can, and if not, then it'll still be okay, it will...

sometimes we are just too sad to do well at everything all the time.. give yourself a break.. go to the store, buy one of those brand new blank journal notebooks, get a great new pen, and write it out all you are feeling.. trust me someday you will be so happy your wrote it all out, you will look back, and think "oh god yeah, I thought it was the end of the world at that point..wow, I've learned so much since then"

I know it's a huge leap of an anology, but the diary of Anne Frank is the most inspiring book to read....

I can't concentrate on school or anything anymore. I feel like I can't even handle my own thoughts.

I hear ya! I'm kinda going through one of those ruts right now. I have finals over the next few weeks, but I'm so emotionally drained that I can't even pick up a book. Today I had a day off and planned on spending some quality time with my son and studying this afternoon, but instead I fell asleep on his bed at 11:00 this morning. I haven't taken a nap during the day in years, but I guess I needed it b/c I sure felt better after. Of course my grades aren't going to stay too good if I have to cram this weekend.Try and find a way to reenergize your self. Go shopping, get a facial, take a jog, or have friend take you to coffee anything that might set you back on track. I tend to slip every semester around the end of it, but for some reason when they end around the holidays it's always worse. Hang in there don't give up things are bound to turn around, just imagine what things are going to be like once your through with school.

Hello

We all get that way from time to time, the key is to understand what is making you feel that way. I personally would go to the Doctors and tell them what is going on with you.

They will put you on some pills and they will help you until you get back to being you again. When you can't focus is the time to do it, because you know deep down something is not right with your body and mind. This is very normal and happens to millions everyday. The other suggestion is get yourself in a position and stay really busy, it helps take your mind off things. This has happened to me once, and my focus was nothing more then to make as much money in the shortest period of time as I could.

Good Luck ......tie a knot and hang on even when you think you're at the end of the rope. Things will get better over time. 2007 is going to be a very good year for many people. Make yourself one of them

Kuhl

I'm so sorry to hear that. I think it doesn't help that the winter has been so grey and horrible; usually there's alot of brilliant white around, reflecting the light, so that even though there's less sun, we get as much light as we can. Not this winter, and being someone who does notice the effect of the seasons on my mood, I've actually decided to make the leap and invest in a lightbox to give myself a little more light exposure.

I do know how you feel, I've also felt overwhelmed at times, and I hope you can take heart from knowing that all these things can be worked out. Failing a course can be dealt with. Work can be caught up. You're doing the right thing now by facing the problem; even though it's depressing, it's necessary. Better to be upset in touch with reality, than blissfully happy tap-dancing on the edge of the abyss. Or, as I tell my friends, if it weren't for my panic attacks, I'd never get anything done!

One step at a time, Lily, and this too shall pass.