THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE - SuperDave71

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aww i see......well if u feel uncomfortable seeing him i suggest you dont go..tell your friend to understand its not easy for u to be around your ex even tho their his friend too......maybe u can meet ur friend later alone?

Thanks, I think your right! If he wont go away then I have too, right?

I spent almost 2 yrs alone after the split with my ex husband. This is the first realationship ive risked a broken heart for. thats what makes it so hard I think. Lonely is not fun. We were good together, I just felt I needed/wanted more. how many kids do you have?

I have two boys in grade school About 9 months after my ex-wife left, I started dating a wonderful woman and fell in love with her. Now I feel like I'm back where I was 2.5 years ago But I refuse to make all the same mistakes and hang on far too long. I'm in the process of trying to let go.

I can never get used to the time difference thing...I was just thinking "Surely it's too late to go out on a Friday night just for a few pints?" Then realised "Wait...you're in the uk...they're in the US. You're *ever* so slightly ahead of them"

Yay for Friday night comedy and Wotsits. They have healing powers you know! I feel a lot better than earlier. I think having the realisation of how much I missed his friendship was a major shock to the system. I do feel like I've lost my reflection...it's not part of me that's missing, but something that is quite integral to me...you know?

I'm trying to put my feelings in perspective. I mean.. come on, I was with this guy for less than 6 months, whereas there are people here coming out of marriages and so forth - and I feel really petty next to you. But when I see all of you dealing with everything so well it gives me an extra boost to do better and to find myself again.

Day-8

Life is seriously unpredictable..woke up with that limbo feeling..for some odd reason i was seriously thinking about her..then oddly i started speaking to my ex's cousin's ex..we chatted for awhile, then he started to ask me, "oh i didn't know she has a man now.." as much as that irrrates me hearing that, i just said yeah she does now i guess. seriously i hate it when ppl mention it to me about her and the guy she left me for..it really irritates me..i guess im having somewhat sort of a down day.. anyways most of the day i worked out and just vegged out at home. i'll for sure update this later...

hey there!

I need your advice: my ex told me on msn last saturday that she lost her cell phone and she no longer had my cell phone number, so I gaver her my number and then blocked and deleted her from my msn.

5 minutes ago she sent me a text message to my cell saying: hey whats up, this is my new number, I hope you are doing fine, kisses!

She is acting like nothing happened... does she want me to read between the lines?

Remind me what happened between you two, who broke up with who etc..

In general, I would be wary of someone acting like nothing had changed. It shows that they don't seem to want to acknowledge the pain you've been through, and want to move on without having to apologise.

hey there!

I need your advice: my ex told me on msn last saturday that she lost her cell phone and she no longer had my cell phone number, so I gaver her my number and then blocked and deleted her from my msn.

5 minutes ago she sent me a text message to my cell saying: hey whats up, this is my new number, I hope you are doing fine, kisses!

She is acting like nothing happened... does she want me to read between the lines?

yes, I think she does want you to read something into it.....just like my ex, dont give her that control.

I have two boys in grade school About 9 months after my ex-wife left, I started dating a wonderful woman and fell in love with her. Now I feel like I'm back where I was 2.5 years ago But I refuse to make all the same mistakes and hang on far too long. I'm in the process of trying to let go.

I have 2 boys and a girl....love my kids!

Remind me what happened between you two, who broke up with who etc..QUOTE]

well, her excuse for breaking up was that she had a different view of how money is used in life, and that she thought that I was ambitious just because I want to buy a house and Im planning a business, besides from my day job... she broke up with me 2 days before a skiing trip we planned a month in advance... NC ever since... except when she IM me on MSN...

I think her text message really is saying "I dont have the courage to call you yet and dont really have much to say" what do you think?

It makes me feel sorry for these people, the exes. Once upon a time they were just babies...absolutely no experience of life and a completely fresh state, and *someone* did something to them that caused them to act this way. My opinion on my ex is that he has never got over his 1st girlfriend cheating on him 6 months after they moved in together. I can understand that that would hurt...but I don't know...if it were me I'd try my hardest not to say things I wasn't sure I meant...whereas it seems he found me and leapt into everything and then did a complete 180. It was only..what...2 months ago he said I was the one he wanted to marry. I kept quiet and just didn't say anything. The same when I had to move back home and told him I was dreading living with my parents again, and he suggested moving in with him. And now where are we?

I haven't contacted him for 4 days, and I am feeling good about it. A man who would leave his pregnant wife after 11 months of marriage is one sorry excuse for a man. I have no desire to talk to him.

thats the additude!! keep strong for the kids and for yourself.. love them with everything you have!!!

Tijuana - It may be that. It seems to be like a either a realisation of a mistake or an attempt at being friendly but being overbearingly so...that she doesn't know that you're going to need time apart. I think it's great you know exactly what you want - and that you didn't let her stand in your way!

Enitsirk - that is a really low low thing for someone to do, and you are definitely better off without him - his loss! I read that you had to have surgery to enable you to conceive, because your ex wanted a baby, is that right? If so...it's just unbelievable. Luckily your child has an amazing mother to make up any slack on their father's part.

thank you sandyv!

im not going to lie to you... the text msg I just got from my ex made me feel a little bit more in control... at least I know she is thinking of me, and she wants to re-establish contact... but she is not there yet, its not the contact I want... Either she wants to get back with me or nothing at all... Maybe its time to wear my tshirt that says: "F*** you, I have enough friends" hahaha