Ex called.....what should I do?

Hello Everyone and Happy New Year!!! I am here with an update to my situation. I need some insight on the latest with me and my ex please. I’ll try and make a long story short. In the first week of November I broke down and sent my ex a letter letting it all out. Six months after our break up. I told her how I felt and put it all on the line. The respond was minimal but it was not negative. We went out to dinner and had a good talk. I asked her if we could do it again. She told me that she couldn’t because she was still with here boyfriend. I asked what she thought of the letter and her response was that it meant a lot to her. She told me that she hasn’t stopped loving me and that she is scared. And then she said these words “it’s not my heart that is holding me back”. I still don’t know what that meant. She asked for time and space. I gave exactly what she asked for and backed off. It hurt really badly, but I knew what I was getting into when I sent the letter. When I saw her on Christmas day she looked really sad, and like she had something to say to me, but I didn’t bother asking. Anyways fast forward to last Friday 12/30. I was getting ready to leave town for New Years. I got a phone call Friday night. Sure enough is was my ex. Who never calls me a Friday nights. My heart sunk and I started to think the worst. I answered it and she asked me “Do you have a minute? I would like to talk to you”. She told me that she broke up with her boyfriend and she felt that I needed to know that. She apologized for everything and all the times that I saw them together (when I would pick up and drop off my son and he was there). She said that she thinks of the letter I sent her all the time. She told me that she wants some time alone so she can think and clear her head. I let her know that I respect that and that if she needed me I was just a phone call away. After that we had a good conversation and we have had some good ones everyday since then. Which is the most that we have spoken since our split? I am in shock still and really don’t know if this is going towards us getting back together. I hope it is. What should I do now? I don’t want to mess up with her again.

i don't know the full story but...just take it slow...when you start dating again everthing will seem wonderful...you will only show your best and then reality will set in...that is what happened to me and now i am questioning whether i need to be here or not...i jumped back to him after he cheated and now i think i may have too soon...stay optimistic and keep the lines of communication open...good luck!

Just be aloof, be independent, but friendly. If she wnts to talk, then let her, but don't be talking about what you want or your feelings or whatever. Her feelings will bring her back, not yours.

It's clear you want her back, but are you going to be able to trust her again? Try to figure that out.