I've lost to a guy's GUT feeling...

my boyfriend of almost 5months told me on friday early morning that we need a break because he said his gut feeling is telling him that there is doubts in the relationship and thereforeeee needs time to step back and think about it in a different perspective rather than being blurry in the relationship. At first we were talking in a normal manner, he crack some jokes here and there and then i just lost it...

I had a terrible terrible relationship before him so i was 'broken' in a way. I had a hard time trusting men. I started yelling at him saying that people who go on breaks doesn't talk like this and neither do they call and see each other for a period of time. He then reassures me that it's not as bad as i think. I have lots of questions to ask him but he said he doesn't have the answer to them right now. Anyways, i initiated NC after he left this early morning seeing that he didn't pick up my phone calls so i figured he need time to himself. I turned off my cell and went MIA and told my sis to NOT give the cell back to me for at least a week. I made alternate arrangements to go to work on New Year's Eve instead of waiting around for him. I couldn't concentrate at work and left early.....went home and check his online profile and it said it's single. I was devastated.....and so i called him back, saw that he txt me saying my phone has been turned off for quite sometime and to call him back when i get the msg. And so i confronted him and he said he did it to get attention and clearly it worked. He said he was worried about me and asked if i wanted to go to TO for new years eve....i thought NC worked!! and that things were ok again...NOPE! His sole reason was that he was worried about me...........so after the countdown at his apartment, i said i wanna go home...after the whole hysterical crying break down that he witness that he wasn't suppose to see. At the end of the night..........i asked if he'll still call me...........he said yes. and that he'll still come in and see me. He said he'll give me a straight answer soon...it won't be too long.

God..........i'm sooo depressed.......especially during the holidays DOESN"T HELP AT ALL..........

HELP GUYS!!!!!!! i can only do NC.......why doens't he just spare me and call if off instead of making wait in the limbo like this??!!!

Maybe you should out the ball in your court and call it off yourself instead of waiting for him to do it. Or if you want to be with him badly enough, initiate the conversation and be straight forward, let him know you want to be with him. Tell him you don't like this state of limbo and you need an answer now whether it is to be togther or to go your separate ways.

But personally I think he's giving you a line about putting his status as "single". He meant to do it.

HELP GUYS!!!!!!! i can only do NC.......why doens't he just spare me and call if off instead of making wait in the limbo like this??!!!
I'm in the same situation with my b/f except we have been living together for more than six years. He's telling everyone he/we know that we are over and I'm moving out, but he keeps telling me he loves me and cannot imagine life w/o me. He says he doesn't know what he is going to do, but everyone else in town seems to know something. I'm getting big time cold shoulder from people he knows and all I'm doing is living like I have for years. Secrets, secrets, secrets!

I hear your pain and I wish I had some grand words of advice, but I know if you love him it's hard to just give up all that you have invested emotionally. NC sounds like it freaks him out, so if he doesn't want to give you the answers you deserve then let him see what it feels like to be the one in the dark maybe that'll bring him around.

hi - ouch. yeah, I have been in your situation before. the "gut feeling." Well, haven't you ever been in a situation where you liked a guy, and the guy liked you, but your "gut" or whatever said he wasn't the right one for you? Would you have changed your mind if he kept calling and writing you? Probably not. If anything, having some space and time away from him would either make you miss him more, or you'd realize you don't miss him at all.

I don't know - maybe you should just suggest you two turn the "break" into a breakup, because that's what they tend to be. If he wants you, he knows where to find you. you shouldn't be stuck in limbo anymore....

Think of it this way (I know what I am going to say doesn't help right now, but it might in the long run...) It sounds like his intentions were honerable if nothing else. And it isn't like he just up and dumped you with no hope of ever getting back together. If anyone is having doubts he probably is and just doesn't want to admit it to you.

Thanks guy.....it's just his action and words doesn't make sense or am i looking and thinking too much into this? Women tend to think and over think too too much. i turned off my cell again....i really need to be away from him to let him think as well as let myself prepare emotionally for the worse. I just HAVE to believe in him if i want this to work out. All i can do is stay positive and hopefully things will turn out in good favours. I've even talked to a psychic about it.......and she said he'll come around early or mid January which is around 2 weeks. Our relationship went on waaay too fast. I told him that we can take it slow.......i asked if he still loves me and he does. So i told him if there's still even an ounce of love left, we can work on that......cuz if that goes out then it'll be too late. He said he'll think about it. And soo.........i'm going MIA on him again. Anybody else in the similiar situation with the whole 'gut feeling' excuse?