How important is the "Spark"...?

rvr350

I've known this girl for a few years. We first met by going out a few times, then she moved away. We kept contact constantly, but not much on the phone. I know she still likes me and hinted me so. I always feel comfortable around her and likewise, but somehow i just never feel the sparks were there... Is there still a chance? Is there anything I can do? Should i move on?

Thanks,

Happy New Year!

"Sparks" are so hard to define, and not a good basis for a long term relationship/committment. yet, you can't really get into a relationship if you don't feel them. I think to keep up a long term relationship/marriage, having common values and interests are so much more important. I'm sure you've had the experience where you have had massive sparks for a person, but there was little in shared values and they would have been a horrible spouse for you.

But, I think at this stage, since you feel unsure, you should go for things. Just spend some more time with her, get to know her a bit better. it is dating, not a long-term committment. Attraction and feelings can grow if you give them a chance. But don't force things, if you understand what I mean. I think at this stage, feeling unsure is not a bad thing. If you are feeling unsure after several months or years of dating, then that is a definate bad sign. But, I think that you feel comfortable around her is good. Maybe the reason you do not feel sparks is because you feel too comfortable around her? not nervous or ancy?

Yea, it's interesting how compatible we are, but yet when we are together, just seems like we're more like old friends than lovers. And sometimes it's hard to break that barrier. I know she wants to be more than just friends, but i don't want to fool myself into a relationship when i'm not ready. I guess i don't want to fall in love for the wrong reason.