Was this flirting?

pufferfish

This morning, a male friend of mine (who I have a crush on) tried to playfully push me into the snow. It didn't work, and he ended up wrestling me, so that we were wrapped around each other tightly and he was trying to get me into the snow. There was a lot of touching and grabbing involved.

For me, I wouldn't do that kind of thing to someone unless I was physically attracted to them, but maybe it's different with guys. He has never done anything this physical with me before so it kind of came out of the blue. What do you think?

Sounds like he is attempting yes. Especially if you've known him for a while... but if you only just met him and he did this then perhaps not.

I get physical like that with a girl I've known for a while, only if I like her "in that way".

This could possibly mean only a hook-up though.

This morning, a male friend of mine (who I have a crush on) tried to playfully push me into the snow. It didn't work, and he ended up wrestling me, so that we were wrapped around each other tightly and he was trying to get me into the snow. There was a lot of touching and grabbing involved.

For me, I wouldn't do that kind of thing to someone unless I was physically attracted to them, but maybe it's different with guys. He has never done anything this physical with me before so it kind of came out of the blue. What do you think?

By that, it seems like he likes you in one way or another. If not romantically, then you must be very good friends. But who can know? Only he does, so maybe you should eventually ask him in one way or another. Discuss what you're feeling with him! It's the only way you'll know for sure.

If not now, then wait to see what he does further down the road from now. Wait a week or two, and see what happens. But, eventually, you're going to have to discuss it with him personally, if it's on your mind so much.

Thanks for the replies. I've only known him for about a month, but we've become very good friends in that time. And no, he wasn't drunk

I saw him again after I wrote the first post, and I tried to get back at him by pushing him into the snow too. (We're both 20, by the way, and not usually this immature.) I was climbing all over him trying to tackle him down. He definitely didn't try to stop me, and even egged it on saying "Come on, that's the best you can do?" I guess that's a good sign? He is not usually the flirtatious type, if anything a bit on the shy side. However, we are quite close and maybe he just feels very comfortable with me now. I will see how things go.

Thanks again for the help.

• 2 weeks later...