Hi, i'm new to this and im looking for alittle advice. My ex-girlfriend and i were together for over 2 years and spent a little less than half of that time living together. I really believe that the combined stress of Bills, low income, and bad work hours led to the ending of our relationship, but before all the problems started we were so involved with each other that we had serious talks about marraige. alittle over 2 months has passed since we broke up and left our home and we recently spent a night together. We spent most of the night spooning and talking about everything except problems we used to have, and for the next few nights we would "pillow talk" over the phone. We made plans to see eachother again for thursday but at the last minute she canceled and said that this is "Too much too fast" and its all been too recent for her. I'm confused what to do from here, do i lay off and give her space or do i give her alittle pressure to show her how interested i am in trying this again.

What she's probably saying to you or trying to say to you, is that she doesn't feel the issues you guys had have been addressed and from what you have posted I think that's probably right.

It's hard to let go completely after a long relationship. Couples often hang on to each other for support in the months post the break up. But if you are making no advancement in addressing what issues you had then it is likely you will eventually drift apart.

I would not give her any pressure at this point as it would probably just push her completely away. She has already told you she is not ready yet. Give her time and space and if it is to be you will have to discuss what the problems were that split you guys apart in the first place. Good luck!