So there was this guy i like and we hit it off right away, he is an introvert, where as i am an extrovert. We are kind of completely opposite, in all ways. But i really like him he is away for the holidays, and i miss him!, we are supposed to go on a date when he gets back crazy excited. i love every aspect of him hes amzing, we can just sit and t alk about nothing and even about important stuff. Hes great, if i havent mentioned. He is concerned about me, and wants to meet my family which is unusual for someone my age...im 17. he seems so grown up. However im wondering will our differences get in the way. He has had a rough family past where as i havent, me and my family are really close. we both have low self estheems which could be lethal, am i overthinking this? i dont know, hes also gone away for 3 weeks and im scared he wont come back, he assured me her would but im still not so sure, someone needs to help me put my mind at ease!...please!

First Things First:

Sounds like a really close Friend, Nothing more as of yet, you two share a special bond of "communication" the backbone of a strong relationship/Friendship, Almost like saying Nothing is to bad/good to talk about with him, Moving onto this up-coming Date you mentioned, I think your so excited that he asked you on a date, you can't wait for it to happen, which is allowing your imagination to run wild, crazy at times.

Possibilities:

Who knows, Maybe after the date something will "spark" in the friendship and things might get more Serious, I know you have probably heard this 10,000 times in your life, your still young, and it takes time to "get it together" when it comes to dating at that age, you learn the layout of relationships, and how the normal gives and takes between two people materializes, and the Trust increases.

One thing is clear:

You are so excited about going on a date you can't wait for it to happen.

On the date:

You could, If you felt the time was right ask him some questions, maybe drop some Hints about you and him becoming more than friends, And evaluate his reaction to questions, OH! i almost forgot, About letting him meet your parents, Super- Great way to get his foot in the door, believe me parents are always going to be the ones looking over weather or not this guy Fits There standards, and also yours, The younger your parents are introduced to this guy, the better.

thanks for the advice! uhmm just want to say that he is talking about making us as a couple official after the dateso we're both going into it with plans for the future which makes me really excited, hes so fantastic, he talks to me like a person and not a piece of meat, which is relieving because ive been treated like dirt in the past. He is literally one of the greatest people ive met. But hes out of town right now and the only thing i want is for hime to come home, but im afraid he wont because he has so much going for him out there, he promises he will... can i depend on him tho, its driving me crazy i just want him home with me? overdramatic...probably...definitely....am i overreacting?