Ladies, is this a good plan for our 1 year?

me and my girlfriends 1 year anniversary is on January 6th. here's what i have planned to do for her. *there might be more later this is just a big part of it...

i asked her, "what do you want for our one year?" and she joking around said, "i want to go to paris and have dinner by the eiffel tower" so i laughed and said, i'll see what i can do! no promises!

so here's what im thinking...im going to take a huge sheet of paper and hang it from my ceiling in my room. on the paper, im going to construct a huge effiel tower replica. then im going to set up a table with a nice table cloth on it and everything. and decorate my room in stuff you'd see in paris. i then would take a black light and shine it up from the bottom of the eiffel tower so the white of the tower glows behind us. i also was thinking of not having any lights on, have it all by candle light with some soft music in the background.

i could then tell her, i brought her to paris to have dinner with her.

i dont know what else to do for her. i want something to give to her when i do this, but i dont know what to do. i only have like, $40 or so...i'll have a card of course but my goal is to have to cry. (the good crying)

and suggestions or comments???

ah...there is also one more thing. i dont know how i forgot about this...

im going to make a slideshow of pictures of us set to the song "far away" by nickelback. the slideshow would have pics showing her growing up as a kid, and then me growing up. then show us as we are now, together at our current age. i can get the baby pics from her mom behind her back, i just need about 40 more pictures! lol, so im going to take my camera with me everyday from now on and get random shots of us, but not tell her why im taking them!

god I love what your doing for her! Makes me kinda sad, cause me and my boyfriend's 1yr is Jan 12th, and I couldn't imagine him doing something as great as this!

As far as a present...screw the present! What your doing will mean more to her than any item, but hmmm maybe I can think of some suggestions for you...

jewelery is always nice, but its way too overdone. Unless its personal, like your names are engraved in it or something. I'm not sure where you live, but around here we have a shop called build-a-bear where you can make a stuffed animal that has your own voice when you press its hand. Iv'e always wanted one of those. good luck, sounds amazing! lucky girl!

that is SO sweet awwww. I feel all mushy now lol. I don't know about the picture slideshow, but the eiffel tower, candlelight, and dinner all sound amazing. I don't think you need to get her a gift in addition to that, but you may want to get her something like flowers and chocolate (overdone, but always appreciated)