Why do guys do this????

babypink61

I went out on Friday nite with some of my friends and met this cute guy at the bar that I was kind of interested in. We were talking and dancing with each other practically the whole night. All my friends thought he was really into me. Anyways, he didn't even ask for my number or anything at the end of the night, so we just said goodbye to each other. Later on, I found out from one of my friends' that he had asked her for her number cuz he thought we were all going back to my friend's place for an after party, and he wanted to make sure that he won't get lost. But we never mentioned that there was an after party! So all the men out there, can you please explain to me what his deal was???

I think he asked her when we were about to leave. I think I was already outside of the bar talking to another friend, and I think they were still inside standing near the exit. Can't really remember the details because I was kinda buzzed. I think he texted her the next day to tell her that he had a great time hanging out with us and blah blah blah. I don't get men sometimes!

I went out on Friday nite with some of my friends and met this cute guy at the bar that I was kind of interested in. We were talking and dancing with each other practically the whole night. All my friends thought he was really into me. Anyways, he didn't even ask for my number or anything at the end of the night, so we just said goodbye to each other. Later on, I found out from one of my friends' that he had asked her for her number cuz he thought we were all going back to my friend's place for an after party, and he wanted to make sure that he won't get lost. But we never mentioned that there was an after party! So all the men out there, can you please explain to me what his deal was???

He enjoyed hanging out with you for the evening but was not interested in seeing you again. Not a "man" thing -just a "people" thing. He was completely honest by not asking for your number. The real question is - why would you expect someone who you met at a club to ask for your number or want to see you again?

yes, it is an unwritten law. Though I must say it would be better if it wasn't, could potentially mean life would be a lot easier.

Yup! I don't think I could ever ask a guy for his phone number though! Sometimes I really feel bad for all the guys out there!

Putting that aside, I still think that it was messed up of him to ask my friend for her number. If he was interested in her, he should've just gone up to her instead of approaching me and trying to lead me on, geez.

Do you guys use another girl in order to get to know the girl you're interested in?

I think he asked her when we were about to leave. I think I was already outside of the bar talking to another friend, and I think they were still inside standing near the exit. Can't really remember the details because I was kinda buzzed. I think he texted her the next day to tell her that he had a great time hanging out with us and blah blah blah. I don't get men sometimes!

Perhaps next time if you want the man to be interested in seeing you again refrain from getting "buzzed." He might like the fun of hanging out and dancing with a drunk stranger but when it comes to a relationship he might be wary about getting involved with someone who gets buzzed.

Well... why not dear? "He was completely honest by not asking for your number. The real question is - why would you expect someone who you met at a club to ask for your number or want to see you again?"

what is wrong with asking for someone's number at a club? it happens all the time.

Maybe he thought that he was coming on too strong with you and wanted a way to get a hold of you thru your friend... I dunno...do you think he was doing this behind your back?

OR he could've been interested in you, and as the evening wore on, detected signals that said you weren't really interested. So by the end of the night, he moved on to your friend. Have you thought about your own body language and things you may have said to make him think you weren't interested??