Ok, totally changed the whole story...

My ex, whom broke up with me about 3 months ago got a new b/f. He just broke up with her today. She is telling me she's sorry for being such a and that "karma bit her in the ".. she's being friendly, and she obviously needs my compassion.

I still want her back, and I'm fairly open about that. She only talks about her ex, stuff like "why did he say he loved me", etc, etc.. whilst I try to bring up OUR old relationship. Overall, it's a huge . How should I proceed?

She obviously realizes it was a mistake, but I don't know exactly how she feels about me.

Edit: I've been on NC for the past month or so (with mess-ups here and there). We've been together for 2 years, she's been together with the new guy for 3 months.

She only talks about her ex, stuff like "why did he say he loved me"

She has been hurt!!!

I think you should be very careful dude! She is, so it seems, looking for a shoulder to cry on.

But hey, who am I to judge? sometimes it take a bit of pain to make ya realise what you need to realise.

Especially considering she's contacting you the same day another guy dumps her...she's clearly trying to use you as an emotional crutch to nurse her bruised ego.

Unless you thrive on drama, being used, and continuously disrespected, I say spare yourself from further torture and not get re-involved. Let her issues be her own.

Good luck.

And if she really really really really really x 1000000000000 made a mistake and really really really really really loves you then she WILL respect your space and will still come back to you weeks/ months down the road. You will know about it because she will have to SHOW you that she has changed and she will have to work for it. All of this has to happen without your interference/input. Anything else, is "Plan B."

You've come a long way in your healing, keep those wounds closed.

yeah seriously, for right now continue NC. don't get yourself involved with that drama its total b.s.. i understand that you love her and all, but right now, you are her plan B and you don't want that. you want respect man. she needs to understand and feel what she put you through...but hey thats just my 2 cents.

Keep your head up!

Yep, well they "got back together", today, and it totally destroyed me. I've had enough of this crap already, and I just want it to be over. I'm the one that was hurt.. and she was the one threatening to hang up (I wasn't yelling or anything at all)... lol. Some people are just idiots.

Considering that I moved accross the country for this girl, I lost my full scholarship, and all of my college buddies, yeah.. she pretty much ruined my life.

Davie,

I understand how you feel and am sad too. My ex-gf has a new boyfriend and I despise him. As much as I want to think that they'll break up and she'll come back to me, I realize that there are 3 billion other women on this planet and lots of them are capable of showing me more love than my ex ever did. Let her go knowing that one of these days, a new girl will come along who will have all the qualities you loved about your ex and none of the things you hated. Remember that most of us on here are sad, but it is that sadness that will allow us to appreciate all the happiness in our lives to come.

I think I'm in the beginning stages of your situation Davie. My gf of 3 and half years ended it about 2 weeks ago. Now there is a different guy in the picture already. Just letting you know that you're not the only one, I feel your pain. Quite vividly actually. I'm not looking forward to when/if she comes running back to me. I mean, as much as I would love to have her back, I don't think I could stand to be used. Chin up Davie. I'm sure trying...

Been thru it also.... Delete everything and put anything that reminds you of her out of site in a box and store it away or throw them away, whatever it takes to help you not think or remind you of her....

Sorry that you had to learn this hard lesson but you will be a better and stronger person for it...

Things will only get better for you now that you will concentrate on what is right for you...

THere are millions of people out there like her, they will try and suck the life and soul out of you, don't let them....

Been thru it also.... Delete everything and put anything that reminds you of her out of site in a box and store it away or throw them away, whatever it takes to help you not think or remind you of her....

Sorry that you had to learn this hard lesson but you will be a better and stronger person for it...

Things will only get better for you now that you will concentrate on what is right for you...

THere are millions of people out there like her, they will try and suck the life and soul out of you, don't let them....

Thanks for the encouragement.

this is what i am going to do about my situation - i want her back - no more nonsense. i am going to ask her directly, face to face, if she is with another - i will be a gentleman and bow out and not be a factor again. this woman knows me and what we could be - so, i am now able to walk away - and start elsewhere - i will not change later. jebus, love is not supposed to be like this - but if she is with another then i respect that.

i will not play this game with love and hearts when something special is in the balance - i messed up once - i will never again.

LMAO.. they just broke up again.. and she texts me yesterday with this: "By the way, you were right. He turned around and dumped me again."

I don't really know what to do/say/whatever. Maybe I'll call her for x-mas, and just wish her holiday's greetings.. and see if SHE wants to talk about it.. I received no calls, no nothing, just that text message yesterday.. why would she care what I know. I just don't understand her at all.

=[