What kind of person DOES this?

mystik

You know what is great? When you have been seeing someone for two months (movies, dinner, hanging out, parties)...and 5 days after you last see each other, when you had dinner - you find out the guy you're seeing picked up a drunk 17 year old on the street - literally, he found her wandering the streets at night, went to her place in residence on campus, stays the night, calls her 3 times the next day, has coffee with her, and plans to attend her 18th birthday party later this week. This is five days after you had an awesome dinner where he shared his family stories, asked when you would be back after christmas break and tells you he'll miss you (like he has done for the last two months).

I find that I can't even find myself getting overly upset over this because I still can't half-believe it. Unfortunately for him, he managed to pick up a 17 year old girl who happens to be the roommate of one of my close friends. I don't think he even knows I know yet. But fortunately for him, she's the type of girl who a) brings home ppl she meets on the street, and b) doesn't want to hear my warnings.

I can't believe this why do people do this? Why is it that the first guy I date after my horrific break-up ended up being this winner?

I'm planning on blocking him from my MSN and just not talking to him. I'll run into him because we have some mutual friends but I'm just going to act casual and pretend nothing has ever happened. What would anyone here do? Would you confront him? I somewhat want to confront him too but I don't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing he has hurt me.

I would ask him if there is something that he needs to tell you.

But even if he confesses and apologizes like a little baby I would not waste a second more on someone that hurts you like this. Cut your losses now and move on. It will be better for you in the long run.

And there are much better guys for you out there. I promise you that. Good luck.

Hm...no I definitely wasn't. When I met him I was very excited to be at my new uni, excited to have moved accross the country to my first own apartment downtown, and really quite happy and excited about meeting new people. I've also been quite happy/optimistic throughout the two months.

Although! your theory might have some merit? When I met him, HE was the one who was somewhat going through a complicated time. He had recently broke up with his ex and I could feel sometimes that he was still emotionally attached though he insisted he wasn't. There was two times during the two months where he cancelled our plans last minute because he HAD to talk with his ex and help her through all her 'issues.' and once I asked what the issues were he said "me" (as in him) and they would just talk and talk their issues out.

but..I can't see how he "rescued" this young, drunk, 17 year old? Rescued by placing numerous hickies all over her? If someone has 'rescuing' tendencies wouldn't he also have the decency to end it with me first?

Also, to the previous posters, I don't know how "on the down low" i can keep this. Her roommate is friends with a lot of my friends and they all think he's a big (insert appropriate word here) now. I've emailed the roommate saying I'd appreciate it if she just kept me out of it from now on, even if she is still trying to convince the girl not to date him. I'm just going to distance myself as much as I can from the situation. I don't actually know this girl so I don't really 'owe' her anything right? I'm still aghast at how someone could do this after giving no indication whatsover that he wasn't interested. I mean, we had dinner a couple of days before! and I got an email the night before dinner saying "hope we're still having dinner, etc, etc, xoxo, ~love, mike" (name changed.) Gah :S

Um, bye bye buddy

You don't have to say anything about knowing what had gone on that night. Just don't bother responding. He's really not worth the effort it would take to explain.

I would tell him what you know if he were to push though. Just as the final nail in the coffin so-to-speak.