3 biggest dates...no money, and no clue!

ok, so here's my situation...

me and my girlfriend have been together for a little over 11 months. on december 14th it's her 17th birthday. then a couple weeks later it's christmas. then right after that, on January 6th, it's our 1 year anniversary. this is without a doubt the biggest most busy month for us/me we have out of the whole year since everything falls right together. im a college student have about $40 if that to my name. i really want to do something special for her birthday because the past 2 birthdays, her ex. boyfriends have dumped her the week of her birthday. weird i know...anyway...she's always sad about her birthdays and i want to give her a great day she'll remember. she did a lot for me on my birthday, she made me pillows and a blanket for college (with my college's logo). now, im not crafty nor do i have a lot of money.

also, for christmas, i want to do something nice for her on christmas too because its a big deal kind of day and even though she says "dont get me anything", i know she's getting me something and im still going to.

then we have our 1 year. which isnt a big deal to a lot of you older folks but to us at our age it's huge. its the longest relationship for either of us. and that day i also want to make amazing. some people have suggested a picnic, but it'll be january...which means, it's going to be COLD!!!

i thought about for the 1 year to buy a bunch of those little flat candles at the dollar store. and spelling out "i love you" or something.

here's my big problem though, i dont have any idea what to do for her. her birthday is in 4 days and i havent got her anything yet.

can any of you give me some pointers or tips or idea's or anything? PLEASE!!!! I'M DESPERATE!!!!!!!

any responses will be greatly appreciated!

then we have our 1 year. which isnt a big deal to a lot of you older folks but to us at our age it's huge. its the longest relationship for either of us. and that day i also want to make amazing. some people have suggested a picnic, but it'll be january...which means, it's going to be COLD!!!

i thought about for the 1 year to buy a bunch of those little flat candles at the dollar store. and spelling out "i love you" or something.

you dont need to picnic outside! do it in your room - lay out a blanket and di it inside, in your pjs!!!! and then it can be candlelit!!! hope it goes well!