When a girl can't look at you in the eyes, what does it mean?

I always have notice when I go to the park to run my laps and when I go running one direction sometimes coming upon the other direction, I come upon manys girls and when I look at them and smile, they always put their head down and they don't look at me or smile back..I notice this always happens alot..What does that mean? My guess for sure shes not interested? Maybe shes shy? Any comments?

I reckon she'd be shy or cautious... If you had said you had gotten to know the girl, on a personal level, and she couldn't look you in the eye, then i would say she liked you in some way and was shy.

I sometimes smile at people when i am walking or riding my bike. I think it's a shame that people can't enjoy a simple smile these days, but looking at it from a young girls' point of view, you can't blame them for being shy or worried in some way.

Maybe if there's one you particuarly like, jog up next to her and say, "hi, i've seen you running here on xxx mornings... give me a call if you would like to catch up sometime" and pass her your number, which you have written on a piece of paper prior to the run. And leave it at that. No more smiles (well, not too many), so you don't creep her out .

How safe it the park? Maybe they're just scared of an unknown man for safety reasons. This even happens to me sometimes and I look extra kind and friendly (which I am, if I don't have a shyness episode). So I imagine this can happen to any guy at the park and similar settings - on the street, etc.

Perhaps you'd have better luck in an environment where women feel safer. For example, in a store, library, at work (if you dare) or any place where they are likely to feel safe.

I don't think they are rejecting you personally. I think they're just scared for their safety. Don't take it personal.

Also, the "bad boy" look only appeals to some women. Many are scared of guys who look scary. I have a scary looking, but reasonably good looking biker friend, who appeals to some women, but he scares most of them off. I have more of a kind, cuddly, friendly look and I have much better luck at putting women at ease. To put that another way, some women like to be scared a little because they find it exciting, but most do NOT like being scared. Helping them feel safe is a good first step towards meeting them, IMO. This includes where you meet them. It also includes what you look like, how you're dressed, etc. The clean cut "good boy" look has huge advantages for putting women at ease. So does the GQ look. I try to combine these looks into one.

I don't approach women in the park anymore. Oh, I have in the past, and about half of them responded friendly, but the other half seemed scared or unfriendly. So I don't even try in the park anymore. It's kindest and most considerate to leave them alone there, unless she initiates, IMO.

Well, those are my thoughts.