He told me he loved me for the first time!

My bf just told me he loves me tonight we've been together a little over two weeks but spend every day together. He says he's never told anyone that he loved them before (he's 27) We've known each other for a little over a month.....anyways. does anyone think it's too soon to be love???

My bf just told me he loves me tonight we've been together a little over two weeks but spend every day together. He says he's never told anyone that he loved them before (he's 27) We've known each other for a little over a month.....anyways. does anyone think it's too soon to be love???

My recent ex and I fell in love within 2 weeks and we lasted 1 year, same thing happened with another ex, so yeah it happens, but I have started to realize that going that fast could lead to doom. My next relationship I am going to take it slow and build on it, but you can never control love I guess.

27 and he has never loved anyone else??? hmmm

Every single relationship that I have had that has gone over a year, has started with the "love" word within the first month.

Every relationship that hasn't lasted a year, never started with a "love you" statement.

So saying that it is or isn't love can't be certain. Sure its infatuation... but everyone works differently. And if he and you honestly feel like you love... run with it. I think it could be love and I think it is very well possible to love at that stage... its just that your love isn't COMPLEX love yet. When confilcts arise and personality differences are tested... thats when your love will be tested...

Just go for it I'd say.

Oh and saying the "i've never told anyone I loved them before" could be a fake line.

-ForAnother

Quote: "Oh and saying the "i've never told anyone I loved them before" could be a fake line. "

No it's not fake. We spoke about past relationships when we first met and he said he had never been in love before.

Question... where did you meet him? What kind of position in your life are you at? in school, out of school, met in a bar? all of these are good factors to consider.

-ForAnother

He is in love with love and what he knows of you so far. As you've posted, in the last month you've gone from just wanting to be friends, to wanting to be more, to worrying if he is open enough for you, and worrying about his kissing style, etc. If all that could happen in a month, then in the next month you could find out more that you like or don't like, more that you are concerned about, or not. It's a sweet thing to say and getting to know him over time (the every day thing is foolish in my opinion if you want this to last for the long term) you will know whether his feelings of love (or yours) have a basis in reality.

Just want to say that...... I realize how easy it is to "listen" and actually "hear" the advice being given to you.

You are in a whirlwind of "infatuation" most likely.

Batya has WONDERFUL advice. Please don't let it go in one ear and out the other.

Be careful not to make too many promises and commitments to someone that you barely know. Take a step back and find your footing rather than flying away in the clouds....