I'm going to break 7 months nc... need help fast!!

just a quick comment - i would only 'post' a profile on a "dating" site if i was single and looking to meet a potential life partner. i don't go on these sites to 'date' and i have never 'stayed on site' longer than a few months. as soon as i am 'with someone' and we both agree that things look promising, then i remove my profile but in the meanwhile, if i have made the decision to 'see if she is someone special' i do not spend any time contacting others and i focus on that person. i don't put a profile up for any other reason than that and if i saw an ex on a site i would never, ever, think about putting a fake profile and pulling her chain - someone that would do that has some series problems and should see a professional about that. i have no desire to 'compile' and 'compare' people on these sites - i am not window shopping. i know who i am, what i want in a partner, and i am proactive and don't let chance bring someone to me.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Goldfish... way to go!!!! I'm glad you didn't respond to him... and just to let you know, I didn't break my nc

Freedom... you are also right!!! I know I have to make my own decisions, it's just that I was so emotional at the time, I didn't want to look back and regret the rash decision, that's why I posted... because I knew the best people would take me through this.. and I'm so glad I never ended up texting him because he would have just laughed in the end... in all other areas, I make my decisions...

Seventh... so true my friend.. reading his add he was not the type of person I would want to date anyway. It just makes my stomach turn to see him there like that. I don't even know the guy who posted, he is so different. I feel for you and your ex, why isn't she listening to what you have to say? How frustrating for you.

Silentalways - I do not even feel remotely interested in going on there and testing him or anything, as far as I'm concerned, I want to meet someone as it's intended to be, when the time is right and it's meant to be...

I thank everyone who has contributed to this thread, it's helped me so much and continues to do so...

I am so proud to say that I haven't broken no contact, and the thought of him on there, with all his pretence just makes me know that I am so much better off without him.

Love to all,

P.H