Friends? And best friend?

*~*~*Long*~*~*

Okay... so the typical "nerd group" I kick it with (We're all a bunch of nerds so to speak... D&D, WoW... all types of games) really just pisses me off...

Our DM - Only real problem I have with him... is he is so pacifist and won't defend me... and spends all his spare time with his Girlfriend *Not saying this is a bad thing! But we never get to play because he would rather spend time with her (On a side note - She never spends time with friends, he gets upset)*

"The Jew" (Note - He gave himself this nickname, not us) - Questions my intelligence and that of my "Brother" EVERYTIME we say something. His favored words for us are "You retarded homos..." (Punched him in the chest not to long ago but I really don't feel like fighting him)

My "Brother" - This guy is like my brother, been there for me through everything so far...

My "Best Friend" - Grr... I'll talk about him in a second...

"The Nazi" (Note - Again, given himself the title... just he doesn't go around killing people... He thought they had the right idea though... Twisted kid) - No beef, he's a cool guy.

I swear, aside from my "brother" and "the nazi", this group constantly rags on me... every lunch it's along the lines of; "Hey, let's pick on Thomas" or "Hey, would it be wrong if I threw this chair and the legs hit his girlfriend?" (Note, if they did hit her, I'd prolly kill the person who threw the chair, at the very least... hurt them severely...)

Anyway... the girlfriend whines that I spend all my time in school with her and not with my "friends"... Anyone else see why I don't? I don't see her outside of school, so I spend as much time in school with her... But this isn't the issue, she just wants me to have friends... I don't consider many on the list above to be "friends"...

Now the guy who is supposed to be my "Best Friend" is hitting on my girlfriend terribly... Or so it seems. And by terribly I dont' mean he sucks at it but I mean it's obvious to me that he seeks a lot of attention from her and she just gives it...

I honestly feel threatened by him because his classes are right along her passing period, so he sees her a lot more than I do, and he has math with her. In which!, he wrote on her calculator; " is hawt, I'd bone her." She came to me with it, and he admitted (To me and her!) that he would, given the chance. (For those of you who read a thing a while back, this is the same guy who threatened to; "Kidnap her, Rape Her, and Kill Her if I tried to stop him". Now I already don't trust him because of that.. and now it seems he's testing how far she'll bend to him... and it's annoying.

He knows I can't do anything about it because I'm on probation, and it's like a bunch of guys are moving in on her because of it... only most of them back off once they see she's taken (and maybe get a glare from me)... but he won't...

Now he's told me before all this he had no interest in her (Hah!) and that he was persuing another girl. However she got a guy and it seems he's turned his attention to my girlfriend...

I mean the dude is an okay guy and could get a girl if he didn't creep them all out and cut his hair a bit...

I wrote a note to my girlfriend saying I felt threatened by his presense (Being honest with her, not asking her to do anything, just letting her know how I felt) and how I felt about how she kept talking/yelling (it switches) at me to spend time with friends...

I guess my questions are... Can I truly keep this group of friends? And what about this "Best Friend"? I know I should just leave him, but I don't want to risk my girlfriend getting hurt (He's usually pretty violent from time to time) and I don't want to go to Juvi for beating his lights out...

Well, talk to your girlfriend about it and tell her that you really don't consider most of these people to be your friends. I'm sure if she really likes you, which she should, then she'll understand and you can find a few new friends to hang out with. Just tell her that you'd perfer to make a different set of friends and that you'd possibly want to continue hanging out with the two that you like.

Let her know that you don't like them, but you still want friends, that way she won't bite your head off about not hanging out with people. Good luck.

Cloud - Sadly enough, I didn't think of that because I really don't hang out with anyone else...

Hurley - He'll ask her for cookies, she'll go make him cookies for tomorrow... It's annoying... and I feel he's testing how far she'll bend for him...

She'll say she doesn't even know she flirts until after the fact... when she's with me.

Well, sometimes there are times in life when you need to go without friends and find new ones, it's a challenge, but I'm pretty sure a geek(not nerd) like yourself can do it. Maybe you should talk to him about it too though, and if he denies it or refuses to stop, then it's time to find yourself some new friends.