now on not skinny girls post

I am just wondering why some guys are attracted to overweight girls. Why does thin or average guys like girls with some meat on them? I did ask some guys that I know and dated.. they say they like more meat on them because they are generally happier and cuddly. I have no problems attracting guys and I'm overweight (although working on that issue for ME not for ANYONE!)

Just want to know your thoughts

This is crude but I overheard some guy say it was better to have sex with a bigger girl as they can be "rougher" with them. Sorry if that's offensive to anyone just thought I'd add that.

I think it may be that women who are larger and confident are more fun to be around and maybe softer feeling- not all bony.

And they look more womanly in a way. Larger breasts and hips.

Well, I think it just depends on the guy, I have seen it go both ways.

I went from a size 0 to a size 16, and I found that I had more men interested when I was size 16 than size 0. Was it the weight? Probably not. Maybe more to do with how I carried myself.

Now, I am back down to a size 2/4 and don't see things as having changed much. I think it's really about how your personality shines through and a man will love you with or without the extra weight.

Well, I think it just depends on the guy, I have seen it go both ways.

I went from a size 0 to a size 16, and I found that I had more men interested when I was size 16 than size 0. Was it the weight? Probably not. Maybe more to do with how I carried myself.

Now, I am back down to a size 2/4 and don't see things as having changed much. I think it's really about how your personality shines through and a man will love you with or without the extra weight.

I won't intrude with questions about the weight loss and gain - I hope you are happy and healthy. But I think your post is really cool and gives me hope and some incentive to obsess less about my weight/body.

Sorry but I've heard frequently the same thing that shickshika (sp) said. Not in those words but along those lines.

And the joke:

Q: Are big girls, better in bed? ;

A: not neccessarily but they do appreciate it more!

[i know this joke is harsh but it is for illustration only - moderators delete if you think it's too much]

In my opinion, those super skinny ones can be really * * * * *y (maybe because they are hungry all the time) Don't even get me started on these girl's sense of entitlement. Jeez, look out!

Something in between is best. You gotta love a girl who can scarf down pizza and beer with the boys but also look killer in a little black dress. Plus she can stand up in a stiff wind, carry groceries and help you move furniture if necessary.

I was just watching a ET show on TV just now where there was hidden cameras etc and a "hottie" skinny blonde type had no problem getting into clubs because she was "all that" but later when she put on glasses, braces and a fat suit she had problems. (Actually I didn't finish watching it, I didn't need to - I already knew the outcome)

Society is shallow...or are we brainwashed by the media?

This is crude but I overheard some guy say it was better to have sex with a bigger girl as they can be "rougher" with them. Sorry if that's offensive to anyone just thought I'd add that.

I think it may be that women who are larger and confident are more fun to be around and maybe softer feeling- not all bony.

And they look more womanly in a way. Larger breasts and hips.

this is not far from my way of thinking. i wouldn't be any rougher with a chubby girl, but as my friend Al says, "I like 'em stout. They're harder to break." i don't appreciate the underage/undeveloped look that often goes along with being skinny.

interestingly, my first few girlfriends were all slim and petite, and i didn't think of chubbiness as a plus until i saw the band Romeo Void perform on stage. something about the way the lead singer Debora Iyall gyrated on stage transfixed and confused me, stirring new feelings in my body. at the time, i thought i was losing my mind, but now i just accept it as a fact of life.

I'm on the same page as slightybent pretty well. You want someone that can take some "rolling around" etc.

Just to add this.

Last summer I had a brief relationship with a petite girl. I swear she was 98 pounds soaking wet - no breasts, no hips, when we got undressed I discovered she was also totally shaved. My god, she looked like a 11 year old girl. I got completely freaked out and the whole thing ended very soon after that. It was kind of scary actually

Romeo Void - don't they sing that classic 80s song "I might like you better if we slept together"? Tch, tch the kids today think _they_ invented that concept!

Last summer I had a brief relationship with a petite girl. I swear she was 98 pounds soaking wet - no breasts, no hips, when we got undressed I discovered she was also totally shaved. My god, she looked like a 11 year old girl. I got completely freaked out and the whole thing ended very soon after that. It was kind of scary actually

exactly where i'm coming from! that's why i don't like that body type very much, and that's why i don't like pubic shaving. it doesn't look womanly to me, and it puts me off more than finding cottage cheese in a tuna taco.

Romeo Void - don't they sing that classic 80s song "I might like you better if we slept together"?

right you are, Clem. it's called "Never Say Never". they had another hit with "A Girl in Trouble is a Temporary Thing".

Sex is sex. It's all in the mind.

To excuse my stereotyping, I think more a percentage of heavier women do more to make men emotionally connected and boost our egos in the beginning. They can sometimes be much more sensual and emotionally connected. Of course, this is somewhat of a ruse, and it will wear off eventually. I think heavier women relate their self esteem on their physical appearance moreso, and need that manly approval. They are usually not divas, and are more generous in bed, willing to go farther to make a man happy, as they relate the man's happiness to their self worth. Of course, if you decide to seriously date this girl, you will no doubt run into her esteem problems in some form or fashion down the line. This could apply to any girl, but I think heavier women have a higher percentage.

More skinny women connect with society's image, and thus have less of a need to gain men's approval sensually and emotionally on a personal basis, as they feel they get it all the time. From being stared at by men in their car, to at the mall or grocery store. They feel they are entitled to be worshipped on a different level than some girl who does not have these feelings of approval.

Wow, that's just too deep this morning.

Is it possible that some men basically dislike skinny women just because of society's presentation of them?

Skinny women = High Maintenance Brats....

I don't think this. However, I'm sure there is a bit of relation as far as the confidence that skinny women have compared to less skinny women.

I'm a dude, so I can only hypothesize from my experience. I think skinny women share the same insecurities, but just not to the degree. They get validated constantly by society. Sure, you may have a little pooch on your belly, or a little here and there, but they can hide 99% of it with clothes. Big girls can't do that. Tall skinny girls worry about their feet being too large, or skinny girls in general if their boobs are too small. Large girls worry about simple valitdation of their beauty overall. They have much more to worry about than these small issues.

Personally, when I have dated a larger or average sized girl, you don't have to put up with the entitlement issues. Sure, there are different strokes for different folks, so to speak, but I feel that with larger/average sized girls, they put more focus on the important things, not the vanity.

• 2 weeks later...

yea geesh, I'm grunge. I bought clothes at the used clothes store before it became popular.

I hate being too thin though..I get cold too easily. It's just not healthy/comfortable. stupid stress, makes me lose weight. Yeah, I'm trying to gain weight while people try to lose it..oh the irony.