tried to play it cool, think i did alright....?

so today is my birthday, the big 23 years of age with the mentality of a 4 year old lol... anyways my ex just called me up, i didnt want to pick it up, i had restarted NC on monday, but i did pick it up, and she said happy birthday to me. i said thanks. then she told me how she has to study for mid terms and just called to say happy bday. she also asked me how work was and i told her im not working and she was shocked asked me what i was doing and i told her im trying to apply for courses in insurance and or real estate.

she asked me what was wrong cause i guess i showed signs of no interest in speaking to her in the tone of my voice and i said nothing was wrong, but there is. its not about us breaking up, its what i saw on her face book, but i never spilt the beans on it. she told me to swear that nothing was wrong, and i said were not together anymore i dont have to swear nothing to you, and she said so something is wrong? and i said nope and she told me to swear again but i said nope i dont have to were not together then i said i have to go now, and hung up on her.....

well i dunno how i did lol, she of course read me like a book and new something was up in my tone of voice, but knew i wouldnt crack on the reasons why because she has no right....i told myself i wont look at her facebook no more, because i saw hurtful pics on it, when we were together but shes with other guys drunk in cuba......pics she never showed me, cause i didnt go with her to cuba...

First of all, happy birthday.

Second, stay away from her. Talking to her, looking at her facebook and other behaviors are negatively affecting your emotional state. Look at the habits you've got and break them because they're bad ones.

Engage in behaviors which elevate your self-esteem. Working out is one good example of a type of behavior that will make you feel better about yourself. Another would be studying more or reading books about people who have succeeded in insurance or real estate. Bring on the positivity and dwell on it. This isn't easy, but it absolutely requires that you take inititiave and do it. Break this habit.

i said nothing was wrong, but there is.

Well this is a lie and is basically psychological game playing which simply just does not work in the end. It never leads to you getting your ex back, just a lot of wasted time and energy filled with false hope and BS.

Stop hiding the way you feel, that's not gonna get you anywhere. Do ask her what her intentions are in calling you. If you get anything other than a "I want to get back together with you", she's not serious about you and you should tell her that you want NC. You don't want to be friends or to stick around in the background because it will prevent you from getting over her and never works to get them back. And why would you wanna be with someone who's not sure if they want to be with you? Don't you think you deserve someone who's 100% into you? Why would you settle for anything less?