Hello Everyone.

Just to update, my ex emailed me after a week of not talking or NC last night, and said "hi, how are you? You ok?"

is he just being nice and checking on me, or is it a way for him to get me back in. I don't know his intentions, so maybe I can get some advice on how to respond to this.

We've always managed to get back together each time we break up, and usually he'll email or something, but this time seemed different since he seemed so mad at the end, and seemed set on it being over. Who knows.

Should I casually respond back, just saying i'm fine? He always seems to get into contact with me on a thursday evening too... I don't know if thats a coincidence bc the weekend coming up, or what. He emailed me last night, and a week ago he called me on Thurs evening.

Here's my situation just in case. Thanks!

Hello Everyone.

Just to update, my ex emailed me after a week of not talking or NC last night, and said "hi, how are you? You ok?"

]

agree with everyone here.. a 6 letter message means he wants to keep you on high alert.. so no don't even respond.. just wait for more signes to see if he really wants you back,.

Thanks for the replies. He has NEVER been one to apologize or say he wants me back in a genuine way. I think he has too much pride to admit that. I've been thinking a lot lately, and I did have a lot to contribute to the faults of the relationship, but I still don't know if his verbal abuse was merited by me or my actions. It's been a confusing few weeks, but I've stayed strong.

Many people here and my friends have told me that a man should not react with verbal abuse, ignoring me for days on end, even when I've begged and showed him how sorry I was. Anyways, I miss him and love him SO much, but I think I'm allowing my thoughts to believe I didn't try hard enough, or it was ME who set him off, etc, when I know that's probably not true.

I'll see what happens, but I don't want to let an email ruin my progress. I think its best to let it go as you've all said

Thank you everyone for the help. In a way I'm so wanting to respond because I feel bad for "giving up." There is no other choice right?

When someone verbally abuses you throughout the relationship, and once physical, I have to let this go. I hate all the doubts that arise when you break up, but from what you've all told me, I need to be strong and not go back to him, or talk to him for a while

Verbal and Physical abuse have no place in a healthy relationship. You deserve way better than that. Dont respond at all. In time you will see that he was totally not right for you and you will thank your lucky stars that it ended. Stay strong and if you feel like you are getting weak and about to cave post on here and 100 people will tell you not to contact him or respond. LOL. At least it will reassure you in what you are doing.

Thank you. Yes, you have all reassured me that doubts are normal given a breakup, but it doesn't mean it's right to get back. Some people are meant to get back together, but I don't think that's true in my case.

It's so tough because I gave so much love and time to him. I will be strong.

Tara, I know its tough and it just plain sucks and it is not fair. You gave so much and didnt get back what you deserved. One day you will give all your love and time to someone who is worthy of it and they will equally give it back to you. Hang in there