how long did it take you to start a relationship?

my better romantic relationships formed pretty quickly from when we met to when we started dating.

it's been my experience that the worse ones.... if we took months or years to get together, that was a sign that we weren't quite right for each other. if there were a ton of excuses and life situations why he couldn't go out with me right then.... well, that was a bad sign in retrospect.

my better romantic relationships formed pretty quickly from when we met to when we started dating.

it's been my experience that the worse ones.... if we took months or years to get together, that was a sign that we weren't quite right for each other. if there were a ton of excuses and life situations why he couldn't go out with me right then.... well, that was a bad sign in retrospect.

like what time frame would you say "quickly" means? couple weeks? months? days? lol

From the day we met online it took about three months until I began falling for him very slowly. One month from then we met in real life and the next day we officially began dating. Half a year after that we moved in together and we have been living together for seven months now. So, it took about four months before we formed a relationship.

He was in Canada and I was in England when we first started talking to each other, so that made it more difficult to develop a relationship.

that's sweet! Who made the first move to ask out?

He did. I was extremely shy when we first met because I was already convinced he was perfect for me and was afraid that if I opened my mouth I would ruin everything and my dream-come-true would be over.

The next time we met I opened up more and realised that just as I accepted him as he was, he accepted me too no matter how much I embarrassed myself in front of him.

that's awesome! Glad to hear things worked out

We worked together for about seven or eight months before I started noticing him (I had a crush on another coworker first...sure glad I didn't ask him out, he turned out to be a horrible person). Spent the next four months getting to know him, flirting a little...spending extra time at work if he was there.

At the end of those four months I asked him to a movie...and then another one two weeks later. A week after that we shared our first kiss...and I left for college the next day. Three months after that it was established that we were dating.

So...About a year from when we met to experience a strong attraction, and three months from that to become official.

A few years! Though when we first met she was a friend of a friend of a friend and was going out with someone else (Don't worry, they broke up long before we started going out), and after that we only ever met every couple of months... So I suppose I have a good excuse. I am actually racking my brains trying to remember the circumstances of when we first met! I am thinking of my earliest memory of her, but I think I had known her already at the time, so I can't be sure if that was the first time... I can even remember the first time I heard of her, as she was in my apartment but I wasn't there at the time...

dang, I guess it works like that for some people. Are you still going out with the same girl?

We've been married for 17 years! We had a rough patch 3 years ago and things are a lot better now. They were due to circumstances that couldn't have been forseen when we met (health, finance, redundancy threat).

We basically started our relationship the day we met. I stayed at her palce the first night, we swapped between each others houses for about a week and she moved in with me after 6 or 7 days.

We've been together for nearly 7 years now and never happier.

I don't think that is the norm and I would never recommend moving that fast. We just lucked out.

We basically started our relationship the day we met. I stayed at her palce the first night, we swapped between each others houses for about a week and she moved in with me after 6 or 7 days.

We've been together for nearly 7 years now and never happier.

I don't think that is the norm and I would never recommend moving that fast. We just lucked out.

man 7 years is awesome. I hope you two keep it going.

With my ex, we had known of each other for a couple years but never hung out. Then circumstances put us in a social situation together and we hung out everyday for 2 weeks before we were a couple. We dated on and off for two years, it was a horrible relationship but I learned a lot from it.

With my current boyfriend, we met when I was 19. He liked me but I was immature and stupid back then and was afraid of guys that showed interest in me for some reason lol. The next year I started dating the ex. So this guy and I stayed friends the whole time. Over the summer something clicked with us and we hung out maybe 4 or 5 times as kinda dates before we decided to make things official. It's almost 3 months now and it's amazing