Shy Guy trouble

crazy300

After 18 months of seeing each other at work everyday, he is STILL shy around only me. Hes perfectly normal with everybody else, if anything; people would label him an extrovert and talkative. Of late, we've been desperately trying to talk to each other as well, but the shyness/awkwardness just isnt wearing off.

Yesterday, i made a lame excuse to talk to him, and ended up giving him 'the smile' ( yknow, prolonged smile/gaze with twinkle in eye) and I was taken aback to see that the guy was almost trembling. I didnt know whether i was flattered or worried.Worst part is him being nervous is making me nervous too.

Later he came back to make some more "small talk", and seemed really composed and serious. However, If i see him around, he avoids looking at my face, and pretends not to see me.

Im just confused and tired, so appreciate some help here.thx

ahh this guy seems just like me lol

he may have 'nervous problems' as i like to put it, where hes really scared of talking to you because he feels that he may mess up or say something which might offend you.

My advice is to tell him not to be nervous, because even if he does mess up its not a big deal . Compliment him aswell, like 'you look great today' or something about the work you do

Dang, I know how that guy feels although this is an extreme case... maybe find some kind of hobby that isn't romantic but is fun and friendly and then when comfortable you can start things up.

Girls rarely have to worry about getting stuck in the friend zone, especially if they game.

How would you feel if you were dating him and introduced him to your family or friends and he acted all nervous and trembling around you? Would you think it was cute or would it be a bit embarrassing? Sounds like this is more than nervousness over asking you out but a general awkwardness with any kind of intimacy or potential intimacy. Are you going to feel comfortable with this?