2nd Date -Pick me up or meet there

Hi-

I have a second date tonight with a guy I met online. Our first date was great and we had a nice time. He took me to a nice restaurant and was very polite and chivalrous (opening doors, paying for dinner, etc.) and seemed like a nice guy overall. We live within a mile from each other and have plans to go out to a restaurant about 20 minutes for our houses - so it makes sense for him to come to my house to pick me up. However, I wonder if this is the safe thing to do, given that I don't know him very well yet. Should I meet him somewhere instead? Any advice appreciated! Thanks.

However, I wonder if this is the safe thing to do, given that I don't know him very well yet. Should I meet him somewhere instead? Any advice appreciated! Thanks.

I think that for this date, I would personally meet him at the restaurant, especially if you are feeling that you don't know him very well, yet. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable.

If you feel awkward about telling him that you're going to meet him at the restaurant that is 20 min. away and you only live a mile apart, you could tell him that you're already going to be in the area of the restaurant and that you'll meet him there

Enjoy your date tonight,

hosswhispra

I think that for this date, I would personally meet him at the restaurant, especially if you are feeling that you don't know him very well, yet. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable.

If you feel awkward about telling him that you're going to meet him at the restaurant that is 20 min. away and you only live a mile apart, you could tell him that you're already going to be in the area of the restaurant and that you'll meet him there

Enjoy your date tonight,

hosswhispra

I completely agree with Hoss. Since it is only the second date, in my opinion ,I would just meet him at the restaurant this time for sure. Hope you enjoy your date.

Enjoy your date tonight,

hosswhispra

Fabulous advice! Yes, tell him you're in that area, that's why you're meeting him there.

I wouldn't have someone come to my house just at this stage, I think you'll feel more comfortable to meet him there.

Have a great time!