do guys like you for who you are?

Caterina

Do guys like you for who you are or something else? I've had it happen on a number of occasions...male friends I've been interested in reject me, but then later they act like they desperately want me back...this is long after I've moved on? Why is this? Do you think they want a challange? Do you think they just get lonely and desperate? If they actually liked me, why did they wait until I was over them to say anything?

yes i think people, not just guys, wnat what they can't have..

I've been in relationships where for the first month or so, i'm just seeing how it goes, and the guy is really into it..... then i think 'yeah he's a pretty neat guy.. i DO like him'... and then he dumps me because he's not into me..

I've experienced it too. Guys that I was all about that didn't show "enough" response and I moved on.

Then weeks, months, years later, I get a phone call talking about how I'm the only one that accepted them for them, that I'm the only one who wasn't judgemental, the love of their life.

Maybe it's just that they take women for granted and don't realize that they do. Then they realize that a wonderful friendship / relationship is gone and they want it back. Maybe it's that they have difficulty realizing they had a good thing until it's gone...

Guys? Any perception?

I've experienced it too. Guys that I was all about that didn't show "enough" response and I moved on.

Then weeks, months, years later, I get a phone call talking about how I'm the only one that accepted them for them, that I'm the only one who wasn't judgemental, the love of their life.

Maybe it's just that they take women for granted and don't realize that they do. Then they realize that a wonderful friendship / relationship is gone and they want it back. Maybe it's that they have difficulty realizing they had a good thing until it's gone...

Guys? Any perception?

exactly... why couldn't they have called and apologised 2 days after dumping ..

I really think men do this more than women.... from what i've seen anyway

it sucks..

Yes, I guess they take you for granted and then realize how you can be fine without them and they want you back. It's weird, but I can't think of many times when my girl friends have done this with guys. Because they already know what they want in a guy and if he has it or not.

But one of my guy friends does this repeatedly to girls. And most of my other guy friends have done it at least once. A girl will show interest in them, they don't reciprocate, then regret it. It's weird... I guess they're more confused about their feelings?

Well, of course girls don't do it. Because it is the man who has to make the phone call . When a girl says she is unsure when a guy asks her out, it is exactly the same thing. People can be indecisive, both men and women, but men and women have opportunities to be indecisive in different ways.