did i play it right?

Shudder

so long story short, i met this girl through a friend.. all this kinda took place online on one of those IM group chat things. so i added her and we started talking. conversation seemed to flow pretty well right from the start, there wasnt much awkwardness and the conversations rarely died due to either party saying 'cool' or 'oh' etc... anyway back to the point, we had only 2 conversations when i asked her to coffee... am i moving too fast or is this normal for something done online?

thanks

I think it's largely unique to the person.

Some individuals feel more comfortable meeting early on so that no false expectations from online are created.

Others want to take things slowly to create a sense of trust before meeting.

If she has agreed to go, then she is clearly comfortable with meeting you, otherwise she would have said no.

Have fun on your coffee date!

Hugs, Rose

I met people online before through dating sites and generally I have taken the advice to not chat or email too much and just meet in person to do that. It works out pretty good and recommend it. Don't spend too much time thinking about what you have emailed back and forth or spent time on the phone, face to face time is much different and revealing.

The timing of asking her sounded ok, it depends what was actually said, but going for her number was probably a better next step. The real question is why later this month??? I've worked 70 hour weeks and still found the time to sneak in a date. She deserves to get teased about making an offer like that, like sarcasticly say "REALLY? Well lemme check my schedule, I seem to be free October 30th at 2:42 PM." "But for real though, let's get together later tonight/tomorrow." Find out what's really going on, then you'll know how serious she is about meeting you and then you can decide how to handle it from there. Cause washing her hair is not good enough of an excuse.

The timing of asking her sounded ok, it depends what was actually said, but going for her number was probably a better next step. The real question is why later this month??? I've worked 70 hour weeks and still found the time to sneak in a date. She deserves to get teased about making an offer like that, like sarcasticly say "REALLY? Well lemme check my schedule, I seem to be free October 30th at 2:42 PM." "But for real though, let's get together later tonight/tomorrow." Find out what's really going on, then you'll know how serious she is about meeting you and then you can decide how to handle it from there. Cause washing her hair is not good enough of an excuse.

to answer your question of later this month, we're still in school and around now is mid term season, so its not exactly the best time either