How much Phone time with Boyfriend/girlfriend?

There's no set time after which you're considered to be needy and clingy. Each relationship is different. My ex and I called each other every day, and sometimes we'd talk for well over an hour. Of course, if we saw each other that day, the phone time would be considerably less...

The best thing to do is to not try to force the conversation -- that's where you begin to cross the line between affectionate and clingy. If there start to be awkward pauses, or you completely run out of things to talk about, it's perfectly okay to say your goodbyes and hang up. In fact, if you desperately search for a topic to discuss...that's clingy. But if the conversation flows naturally for hours and hours until the phone battery dies, what's the problem?

On the days we cannot be together (i.e. work or a plan), we talk at least once a day and often a few times a day. The evening conversation usually is the longest - better part of an hour where the others range from 10 to 20 minutes. We also email. We typically do great on the phone - flowing conversation and we have a lot in common - also both of us love to hear the other's "stories" and we spend a good part of the time cracking each other up. I like to talk at least once a day when we don't see each other as does he.

There is no set time as to when a guy should phone a woman. If you are interested let her know! As for talking on the phone, my partner and I both have children which makes it challenging to "go out" at times. So the next best thing is the phone. Like you, we talk and talk until the "wee" hours of the morning. Staying in touch is crucial, as long as you are both happy and desire each other, live it up! Also, forget what everyone else is doing, do what makes you and your partner happy!

It really depends, for example: what type of relationship you guys have? Given that I'm in a long distance relationship, one hour is never enough for both of us; so sometimes we would push for 3 hours. It also depends on what stage you are in the relationship. Usually in the first stages the couple would talk for hours and it never seems enough. I remember it used to be more than six hours and it would even be more on weekends. Most importantly, it depends on your nature. Some people are phone people, while others aren't. Some people need be physically together while other can do with just talking. So you just have to investigate all that and then you'll have your answer.