What are your bad dating experiences?

Karainbow

Hiya!

I am finding it hard to date at the moment because there always seems to be something that goes wrong. However, I am increasingly growing a thick skin as I know dating can be tough.

So in order to make us dating people feel less alone when things go wrong, I thought it would be good to share our own bad episodes. So I shall start with a few of my own:

- One guy I had been dating for 6 months was a total commitment phobe and came home from holiday bragging about how he'd slept with 3 women in a week.

- Same guy threatened me with violence

- Another guy who I thought was my friend forced his hands on my body and I had to run out

- One guy made a rediculous excuse that he was afraid of my brother even though my brother is a pushover and actually liked the guy

- The latest guy asked me on a date then told me he was already seeing someone

- Lots of guys have pretended they wanted a relationship then left when they found out I wasn't an easy lay

- One guy totally took advantage when I was drunk and upset

- One guy would always arrange dates then have an excuse

Well, at the time I was hurt, but I suppose I needed all this so I could see exactly what I didn't want from a relationship.

I find watching lots of Sex and The City also helps make you feel like you're not the only one who has dating dilemas!

I was told on a single blind date in about 45 minutes that:

he wanted to keep his car until he had driven it the number of miles between earth and moon;

he wanted to start a website for likeminded people;

the last book he read was an audiobook - how to fall in love in 30 days (something like that)

he collected a specific type of musical instrument world wide and spent hours on ebay searching for different countries' versions (ok that could be kind of interesting);

he lived with his mother and they shared a bathroom.

I also found out after a different blind date that he was into erotic origami. I don't make those things up.

I have to say though, I find that sharing war stories can be bonding but it is so easy to get cynical and give up.

- Lots of guys have pretended they wanted a relationship then left when they found out I wasn't an easy lay

- One guy would always arrange dates then have an excuse

The first situaution has happened to me many times in just the last few months. Guys find out there are plenty of better looking girls that put out so they don't waste more than 1 or 2 weeks on me.

I think the best thing to do is just realize it has nothing to do with you personally and be happy you didn't lose your self-respect for some jerk.

This one guy I wasn't even that interested in, but figured I'd give him a chance, because he seemed nice. But he made excuses for everything.

Which is weird because I'm really understanding and can handle the truth.

He kept on saying, "Lets go out this Friday..." and then saying, "Oh, I can't my car is broken down." or " I have this thing I have to go to.."

Once he even got off the phone with me by saying, "There's a fire down the street I wanna see if I can go help out." I hung up and couldn't stop laughing. Maybe a better thing would have been to say, oh, I don't know.. "I have to go."

It was so obvious he was lying and after about 3 canceled dates and 10 phone calls cut short with weird excuses I told him as funny as it was I was tired of it. He then kept on asking me to give him another chance, saying he was just nervous, and couldn't think of anything else to say on the phone. But I still just said no...ya I'm mean.

Been a while since I dated but I always remember this:

Date complimented me on the belt I was wearing. "Thank you", I said. Then asked if I would tie them up with it and piss on them. I kid you not.

EWWWW,, that ^ sounds a bit off the wall. I would have ran like crazy.

I haven't dated much at all since I broke up with the EX back in January.

I guess my worst few things were having been kind of stood up, or the guy actually broke the date at the last minute to prepare for a fishing trip the next day. That made me mad because we had planned the date quite in advance and then he decides he has to gather fishing gear.

The most recent dating experience was having gone out with a guy a few times over a period of about two weeks and then he immediately decides he is head over heels in love with me and wants to spend every waking moment at my house. That was too much too soon for me.

Not much else going on in my dating world lately, good or bad.

Not sure I can top those... erotic origami??? Most of the guys I went on dates with were just jerks... But here goes.

Guy #1:

-I was 18, he told me he was 24. I found out he worked with one of my neighbors, she told me he was actually 32. Ewww.

-Asked if I shaved... "down there." Apropos of nothing.

-Said I'd look good on the stripper pole in the restaurant... it was a support column, not a stripper pole

-Could not have been less subtle at checking out my chest and butt if he tried.

-Tried to hold my hand on the way home, and stroke my hair. I darn near gagged.

That was my first date ever, by the way. Sheesh.

Guy #2 (not a jerk, just a little odd)

-Said he was cold at dinner, although he had a thick sweater on.

-Later said he was cold because he shaves all of his body hair.

-I assumed he was a swimmer, he had the right physique for it. He said he likes the way he looks when he's naked and doesn't have body hair. Mmm-kay.

-As we were walking down Bourbon Street, he pointed to a strip club and said "That's why I shave." I said, "you want to date a stripper?" "No, I want to be a stripper."

-Came to my house, hung out with me and my roommate and watched a movie.

-Called a few days later, I dropped the f-bomb on him (friend) because I don't date strippers. He never called back. Too bad, nice guy.

Guy #3:

-Went on several dates before he told me that I was just "too fat to date"... Seriously, I can understand if you aren't physically attracted to me, but "too fat to date?" Give me a break.

After that, I swore I'd only date friends - people I already knew well... NOT people I was set up with. I did, and married my best friend. It's worked out well

Oh I've had my share all right, it makes me wonder if I'll ever meet anyone normal.

Well first there was the guy whom I asked out, only to have him pick me up for a date with his girlfriend. He never told me he was dating anyone. He simply asked me to come play mini golf with him and his "friends." What made it worse is that he never introduced her as his girlfriend either so I had to do all this guessing work as to who she was, was she a friend or more? Then she asked him in the car if he wanted her already chewed gum and I figured it out. That ended very quickly, what a creep!

Then there was the guy who flirted with me at work for 3 months, only to find out that he was gay, repressed and belonged to a cult which condemned homosexuality. Boy was that a rollercoaster.

There's been a few drug addicts in the mix. Which is really odd considering I'm such a straight laced girl. They honestly seemed like normal guys when we first met.

I'd like to think that all these bad experiences would mean that I'll appreciate that special person all the more once he finally comes along.

• 7 months later...

k ive got a few......well too many but heres some of the best:

guy 1:

was a tall columian dude....hottt!!! spoke broken english bc he just moved here... i took him to the movies to see charlies angels....he kept yellin " cameron diaz", n "joey from friends"....after i laughed i told him he cant yell in the theaters n america....lol

guy 2:

had a kick butt great dane..my fav breed... n a girl roommate, which im kewl w...until i found out they slept in the same twin sized bed....and before i found that out we went to the movies and he cried..perfect storm which is sweet but it was like he forced it...n then he picked me up n put me on his lap..n the theater!! mind u im 5'11" so i dont usually get picked up...lmao

i could go on and on...but i wont...dont get so down on urself dating can b funny but anything bad just run..u dont owe them anything not even a reason y u ran. and now a days its easy to get ur number changed...lol

When I was in my first relationship, I put up with a lot more than I should have.

The guy was so timid. He was afraid of kissing. We got to the point where closed-mouth kisses were okay, but anything more than that he'd panic and pull away. I'd have to talk him down until he felt okay with it. We made out maybe 3 times over several months. But despite that, he told me that we'd been going out long enough, and now I owed him sex. Um...no. I broke up with him shortly after that.

He was also rude to me and my friends. He called me fat all the time and told me what I could and couldn't eat (protip: Want to have sex with a girl? Don't call her fat. )

Yeah, that was definitely a learning experience!

the last one!! see my thread: "do girls french-kiss guys they are not really into"

its not the rejection that bugs me .. its the unexplainability of it all ... btw, i did get in touch (casual/quick email) after i posted that msg but never heard back

Last year, a string of bad interactions and dating experiences had occurred. All of them dealing with ethnic Indian or mixed women from the Caribbean. I was unexperienced with dating and girls, and felt that the girls I meet either lacked respect or was too harsh with me when I made seemingly innoscent mistakes and it didn't feel like anyone was giving me a fair chance.

In November, in a state of wrath over these bad experiences, I went out of character to my values and beliefs and went on adultfriendfinder looking for a casual hookup for purposes of kissing and losing my virginity with the first random stranger to take me on. However, since that time there were no further blatant or harsh crash and burns in record. I aborted at the last minute after my dad talked me out of pursuing an arranged casual hook-up at the end of November.

I still operate on a crash and burn system. I never reject girls, I just let things crash and burn or fall apart, because they inevitably will, it's just a question of when and how, and this is due to my own inexperience. I could be wrong, and I hope I'm wrong, I really do not like to think that every relationship will end at some point, but will last forever.

At the bar with some friends, I started talking to a girl, asked if the guy watching me like a hawk was her bf, she assured me of her single status. We made out, I asked again cause he was watching from closer... no she said, 'I'm single. Hooked up with her the next night, and that weekend was her b-day.

At her b-day I watched her make out with 5 different guys, and by the end of the night she was so drunk she couldn't even stand straight, her friends had ditched and she was surrounded by these 5 dudes, I told her I would bring her home and crash on the couch, cause who knows what would have happened otherwise... She cried and apologized the whole ride home, I just told her to shut up and thank me in the morning.

She woke me up in the morning to thank me, then I went to buy a coffee and newspaper accross the street. I come back, and my roommates door is half-open, and she was thanking my roommate too... I did the only responsible thing I could do, I left with a dumbfounded look of disbelief. (I couldn't be mad at her, causse I had no attachment, I couldn't be mad at my roommate because SHE would have been the one cheating... not him)

A week after, the guy that I specifically asked the girl about him came crashing through the door saying that he was going to hurt me... I held him in the door way of the kitchen with a chair I kept swinging at him, explaining all the possible reasons that he should also believe that I'm not to blame for a cheating girlfriend... until something clicked and he accepted what I was saying, long enough for me to lock the door behind him,

BManMcFly;

What's with the alias - sounds like someone from the "Back to the Future" franchise.

Anyway, that's an interesting story - well, seems like she's a bit of a loose cannon - but you know she's a bit loose, what's the complaint there? Did you get some with her, or did you get friendzoned by her and everyone else got some and you felt left out? What made exactly made you feel bad in this case.

I mean, based on your description of her, it's a given she's definitely not relationship material, but perhaps good for hook-ups with no strings attached.

Luke - Because my nickname is BMan, and I figured I'd think up a cheesy 'last name'.

The complaint?? I thought we were talking about a bad dating experience... but when I said 'hooked up' I meant we slept together...

No, I just didn't see if you got a successful hook up, how that could be a bad dating experience. I mean you got what you wanted out of her, right? Did you want something else, or was there another disappointment?

well... I guess it wasn't all bad... the bad part was having that guy barge into the place (my stupid move not locking the door)... because she lied by saying that she was single.

Most of my 'bad dates' have come from misleading profiles on online dating sites... but I don't do that anymore either way... That story was probly the worst experience in dealing with a shady woman, but we didn't really 'date', we met, slept together and then a night of drama. At the least it seemed more interesting of a story to tell