He thinks he's in love with me after 2 weeks

Blured

My friend at school, Alex, believes that he's totally in love with me, has told my friends that if I'm not his soulmate, no one is. He's said he'd die for me, thinks about me all the time, feels sad without me.. the list goes on.

We're only 17, I'm not in love with him at all, I'm not even sure I'm attracted to him, and he seems to think that we're going to go out soon (Even though he's been told that theres a big chance we wont). He can't keep his hands off me, not in a sexual way, just always putting his arms round me, hugging me, holding my hand etc, which makes me feel really uncomfortable.

My friends have told me just to drop him, but I'm unsure, he's a lovely person and I'd miss not being his friend.. I'm not really sure how I feel about him, and I'm worried he'll find someone else as soon as I discover feelings for him!

I would take him aside and say, hey Alex, I like you but you are coming on too strong. You're freaking me out. Let's just take it easy and enjoy the friendship for now. Maybe something will happen later, or maybe it won't. And I do like being hugged sometimes, but you are hugging me too much at the moment. Even though I like you and enjoy being with you, it's making me feel uncomfortable.

Sometimes they just don't know when they are coming on too strong. Hope that is of use to you, and good luck!

If you're the first girl he feels this for, then I can tell you from experience that you fall hard and fast for the first one, but it burns out quickly. You might find the feelings fade in long run, in the next month or so...

...but that doesn't help in the immediate, mivra has the right idea, but I suggest you're a little stricter than that. No "Maybe Laters", just make it perfect clear that in the here and now it's making you uncomfortable... any good friend will stop.

I wouldn't let his actions or words confuse your feelings. You have the ability to decide for yourself. If you don't have feelings for him, then it's best to just follow your own heart and be firm about it. Don't leave a door open though, if you do then it will just string him along.

He sounds like he's got some mental problems. Going around telling people that you two must be soulmates, and you cringe every time he touches you..but you keep him around for comfort?? He might have mental problems, but I can't tell who's needier, you or him!

If it's not mutual now, chances are it won't ever be, so don't be afraid to say no. (reminded me of an anti-drug commercial)

If he really is hugging you, and it makes you uncomfortable I'd consider that sexual harrasment, and you should have a serious talk with him about it. Keep in mind that since he seems to be obsessed with you he might be very angry when you let him down, so keep a few guy friends near when you do so, and do so carefully.

Or it might be a serious crush, who knows? If it doesn't fade in a week or two, you have a problem.