I'm skeptical about so called "studies show/experts say..." but the article in this link has some good food for thought and might serve as a nice pick-me-up for those struggling with being alone or trying to find someone...

Here, 10 fascinating benefits to being unmarried:

Reason #1: You have a better body

We’ve all been there—you get into a relationship, and suddenly you’re trying out new recipes all the time and cuddling instead of exercising. Well, things tend to get worse with marriage. A recent Cornell University study found that women generally gain five to eight pounds in the first few years of marriage and unhappily married women gain an average of 54 pounds in the first 10 years.

link removed

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting research.

But despite all of it, I still want to find true love. I wonder what is causing that intrinsic desire within me? I wonder if it could be turned off with some invention from a pharmaceutical company. Something like a 'desiring love blocker'....antagonist that blocks the love receptor?? Wonder if that's possible...

I am sold frisco. Singles life is the best!

I must be honest though, I have been the happiest in my life when I am single because I get to:

1) Pursue my education/career with no distractions

2) Go out with friends whenever I please

3) Not required to call someone or check-in

4) I spend more money on nice things for myself than paying for dinners

5) Life is GOOD!

Rose

Very interesting research.

But despite all of it, I still want to find true love. I wonder what is causing that intrinsic desire within me? I wonder if it could be turned off with some invention from a pharmaceutical company. Something like a 'desiring love blocker'....antagonist that blocks the love receptor?? Wonder if that's possible...

Turn off your limbic system and you will be golden! lol

I like it! Thanks, it just what I needed right now.

Y'know, I am glad I haven't married yet. I've had some fantastic relationships, flings, not-so-fantastic relationships, times alone: and I regret none of that. It's a good ride, this life.

Got some work to do on myself, but don't we all.

I truly believe that if/when I do choose to get married: it will be one full-hearted, kick-butt marriage without all the fairy tale stuff. Marriage is not the answer to any of life's problems. Some of my married friends have learnt that the hard way.

"The grass is always greener

until you've climbed 50 fences

and then you can appreciate green grass for what it is."

Actually what I really desire is to be a child again. Those were some comforting days and anything (including true love) seemed possible.

Growing up and seeing the harsh reality of how things 'really are' makes me sad, honestly.

Maybe it's just PMS...I don't know.

Well, I feel that way too Hoss. The world isn't as sweet as it was growing up, but you know what, now we have our steel armor and strength when we meet the "right one" who will appreciate our life experiences.

Well, I feel that way too Hoss. The world isn't as sweet as it was growing up, but you know what, now we have our steel armor and strength when we meet the "right one" who will appreciate our life experiences.

I want the same feeling back that I had when I believed in Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, the Easter Bunny, and true love.

My steel armor, strength and life experience has effectively worked against me in the "love" department. Men don't know what to do, think, say or make of me. I've gotten several permutations of this from the guys I have dated.

My steel armor, strength and life experience has effectively worked against me in the "love" department. Men don't know what to do, think, say or make of me. I've gotten several permutations of this from the guys I have dated.

What exactly do they tell you about your life experiences that has worked against you? That's definitely interesting to say the least, I mean maybe not moreso than frisco's PMSing, but I am intrigued!