Fade away or be upfront?

chocolady

Ok, Ive joined an online dating site, I was messaged by a certain guy, we chatted on MSN ONCE and now he's started forwarding me every email he has by the looks of it. I'm getting a couple of mails from him every day.

I'm new to all this, being a widow, and I don't want to lead anyone on or feel pressured into meeting someone I don't want to meet.

He's nice enough, funny etc. but I just don't feel he is the one for me for various reasons. What do I do now, do I just fade away or be upfront and say what? I'd like to keep him as a friend but I don't think that would work as he seems keen to meet.

do you want to stay friends over the computer or meet & be friends?

I'm happy to stay online and be friends but I don't think this is what he wants from the way he talks..I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or lead him into thinking that there will be more to 'us' when I don't feel the same.

I'm happy to stay online and be friends but I don't think this is what he wants from the way he talks..I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or lead him into thinking that there will be more to 'us' when I don't feel the same.

Yeah if you just want to stay online friends & he's keen on meeting you & it's bothering you, than be upfront. Get it out now, not point in waiting dogheadma advice sounds perfect.