All time low

Hello to all, I found the site after searching the net. I believe there is a lot of advice here but I need some specific help with my situation. I am a SOldier of 14years and will have been married for 2 years in November. First and only Marriage. I have a two year old son, who I have already spent away for a year overseas. My wife has recently left me saying we should be friends and took my son as well. I am having serious trouble getting past the anger, both for her and myself. I am worried about my health and the possibility for me to be a good father to my son in the future. I will be going back overseas very soon, and I need to know how to get myself mentally prepared for what I need to do, meanwhile salvaging my relationship with my wife even if its only to be there for my son later on.

I'm sorry I have no advice I actullay cried when i read your story. I

m going through a break up to and my advoce would not be good for you but you are not alone here. these people are so knowledgeable they will help you keep your head up. hugs and kisses good luck and thank you for fighting for us....... God bless you

i can't imagine how difficult that must be. i'm so sorry.

geez...my best advice would be to see a therapist. to me that seems like a person who would truly be equipped to talk to you about your situation. i don't know how it is overseas but i hope there are psychological services for you.

meanwhile, while you're still in the US, can you convince your wife to do couples therapy? you could even do a combination of individual and couples therapy; the individual therapy could help you work on your coping skills and give you an outlet to vent, while the couples therapy could attack specifically the issues in the relationship.

You have my sympathy... My best advice to you would be to do whatever your gut is telling you to do (your instinct is generally right; it's when we try to THINK our ways around situations that we tend to mess up)... As regards winning back the love of your wife, you may succeed, you may fail (every situation is, after all, different)... Regardless, your main priority has to be your child... If you allow yourself to get too depressed, you'll lose the capacity to be able to TRULY be there for your kid.... You must thereforeeee protect your sanity & the state of your emotions at all costs... Whatever the future may hold, you can't look out for your child if you're allowing the world to take an impact on your health, physical or mental... Look out for yourself so's you can continue to look out for your son....