I want to tell my boyfriend that I love him, but I haven't yet for two reasons. First is that we haven't been dating long. It'll be a month on the 7th, but we've been friends for almost four years so it seems like longer. I'm afraid that it's too soon for him and I don't want to freak him out. A mutual best friend swears he feels the same way, but I don't want to believe it until I hear it from him.

My second concern is that we're in a LDR. I don't think it's right to say it for the first time over the phone and I should wait to do it in person. The thing is I've been wanting to say it for awhile now and I'm not going to see him until the end of the month. It's so hard not to say it!

If I wait till the end of the month, I can do it in person and we'll have been together a little longer so it might not freak him out as much. Is this the right way to go? I'm not usually the type to hold in my feelings, which is why i'm torn. Any advice?

I just said it last weekend. My first time ever to say it to anybody. We have been together for a couple of months... We spent the whole day together. I had been thinking about it all day. But I never brought it up. Then, when I was getting ready to go home after we did the long goodnight hugs/kisses, I got in my truck, rolled the window down to say goodbye, and thats when I spilled out "I love you". It really just came out like that...I really did mean to say good bye, but instead "I love you" came out of my mouth....unconsiously....I didn't even know I said it until I was done saying it. After that, she said it too, and stepped up for another kiss.

I guess when the time is right, it will come out.

I just said it last weekend. My first time ever to say it to anybody. We have been together for a couple of months... We spent the whole day together. I had been thinking about it all day. But I never brought it up. Then, when I was getting ready to go home after we did the long goodnight hugs/kisses, I got in my truck, rolled the window down to say goodbye, and thats when I spilled out "I love you". It really just came out like that...I really did mean to say good bye, but instead "I love you" came out of my mouth....unconsiously....I didn't even know I said it until I was done saying it. After that, she said it too, and stepped up for another kiss.

I guess when the time is right, it will come out.

wow thats pretty good man!

I think I'm going to say it when I see him in person...if I can get up the guts. I'm scared he won't say it back. I don't think I can see him and not say it though lol. He's such a great boyfriend and I know it's not one of those situations where he's just like this in the beginning and it won't last. Since I've known him for so long, I know this is just who he is. Can I just say that I can't wait until I graduate and can move back there!!

I'd say it after he says it... Otherwise you open yourself up to him NOT saying it back, or him feeling pressured to say it before he's ready. I think that "I love you" is DEFINITELY for the guy to say first, and then if you feel it, you say it back...

That said, we girls all make the mistake of saying it first at least once. I said it first to my ex... Took him another 5 or 6 months to say it to me, and even then he never once said it like he sounded like he meant it. Go figure, we recently broke up because he isn't sure he loves me....