Whats the proper way to break up??

Why is it that no matter how you break-up with someone.. They will find a way to demonize it or you?? If you send her/him a e-mail, you wasn't man/woman enough to do it in his/her face, if you do it over the phone, the least you could have did was set up a time to meet and discuss it. If you do it in person, you weren't man/woman enough to handle someone like them..

Is there any right way??

When you decide to break up with someone, you're rejecting them and their love for you. This hurts their ego, burns their self-esteem into dust, and finally puts them on the offensive. It's a very personal thing to anyone. Rejection from someone you love is almost uncomprehensible - at least initially. So, once you internalize it then you immediately want to make yourself feel good again. A common way (but incorrect) is to seek revenge. Another common tactic is to try to get them back to fill the huge void they left. Either way, both are daunting tasks and can take an emotional toll.

As far as there being a right way of doing it - the only right way is to do it in person.

You can try to break up with someone in the nicest most considerate way, but it's still going to hurt them.

It's just one of those things that you can't help, but you should still take their feelings into consideration and do it in the most respectful way. And at the same time still be honest about it.

I agree in person. The only exceptions would be if there has been abuse or there is the possibility of some sort of violence; or if the relationship was long-distance and there was no reasonable chance of doing it in person in the near future.

I agree in person. The only exceptions would be if there has been abuse or there is the possibility of some sort of violence; or if the relationship was long-distance and there was no reasonable chance of doing it in person in the near future.

Yes, I agree...especially, I forgot about the abuse factor, breaking up in person not a good idea in those cases.

You can try to break up with someone in the nicest most considerate way, but it's still going to hurt them.

It's just one of those things that you can't help, but you should still take their feelings into consideration and do it in the most respectful way. And at the same time still be honest about it.

i feel the same. there's not a GOOD way to break up with someone, but there are BETTER ways to break up with someone, and i believe they all entail an in-person conversation.