Guys,how would you react if the girl you're sort of dating,kisses you first? Gals,would you do that/have you done it?

I've been seeing this guy for a whole week now and I'm starting to wonder why he hasn't made a move.Would it be a mistake if I make the first step?

Guys,how would you react if the girl you're sort of dating,kisses you first? Gals,would you do that/have you done it?

I've been seeing this guy for a whole week now and I'm starting to wonder why he hasn't made a move.Would it be a mistake if I make the first step?

The only time I made a first move (by giving him a note) was when I was 14. We ended up going out, but didn't end so well. He only asked me out cuz he was pressured by everyone else. Ever since, I NEVER made the first move. I learned my lesson. I've still had a lot of jerks come up to me though. But now I've finally fallen for someone and we're so happy together.

The role for the guys is to make the first move. They have this whole pride thing... I don't think you should make the first move. If you do, he'll probably feel pressured to do other things that he's not ready for. Maybe he's waiting for the right time. Don't rush. He'll make the first move and it'll feel so much better when he does. Trust me.

• Like 1
The only time I made a first move (by giving him a note) was when I was 14. We ended up going out, but didn't end so well. He only asked me out cuz he was pressured by everyone else. Ever since, I NEVER made the first move. I learned my lesson.

I'm a late bloomer.

Sally is fortunate to have learned this important lesson at 14. I learned it when I was 29. I kept REPEATING the SAME mistake, until I learned the lesson I was supposed to learn. That's how life is though.

hosswhispra

he could be just shy

i would prefer the girl to make the move, get all that unsureness that a guy goes through when he really likes the girl....... "find the right time or is it the right moment or what if she just wants to be friends or does she really like me, what if..........ewfhiwebfiwniw?"

blah blah blah blah

if a guy really likes you he becomes really conservative maybe he respects you alot. im a guy and i know thats how i would feel if i respect and like the girl alot. a million things would be goin through my head like when i should make the move......if the girl just did it, a guy will react as always!!!!!your doin him a favour!!!!!!!!! he might be even losing sleep lol.

The girl I was seeing initiated our first physical contact with a pat on the cheek. Being a very shy kid at that time, I was so relieved that she did it first because it confirmed that she reciprocated feelings with me and that she wasn't uncomfortable to get physical. The next date was when I did my part to give her a nice one on the lips.

My current boyfriend asked me out, but on the second date when he still didn't show any sign that he was going to go for it, I gave him a goodbye peck on the lips. Next time he went for it, and it kept going from there... if you have the gut feeling that he likes you, go for it. I usually don't have to but I didn't exactly plan to wait three dates for my kiss... if he rejects me, at least I'm not wasting time on him.

As a guy, i have no problem in having to make the first move, allbeit that at times i can be slightly nervous about it all, But at the same time, id love for a girl to make the first move, it shows confidence, which is a real turn on, especially if the guy isnt expecting you to make the move.

Its even better if its one of those moments when you can see he really wants to kiss you but is shy, or doesnt think youd like it etc. If you can tell hes contemplating kissing you, then just go straight in yourself

LiveStrong

• 1 month later...

I'd have to agree with most guys...i do feel worried when the first kiss time comes along...should i do it now, maybe wait a bit, sometimes you go for it then she says something so you back off and its hell...the rest of the kisses ive got no problem with ....its like Hitch says, The first kiss will tell the girl all she needs to know. and ppl here have said it's "The Man's Role" which pisses me off so much. women have always asked for equality, then why is it still the man's role to make the first move or ask the girl out. My girl gave me a letter (love letter) after an entire evening (till 3 am) just sitting on the couch at her camp talking...and since im away at school we talk all the time on msn and when i go back for occasional visites we spend lots of time together just holding hands cuddling talking...yet no kiss yet cause we agreed to wait till i was done (3 months) to start something real...so i know that when i get back at Xmas will be the moment of the first kiss....and i think she will be the one to do it cause last time i was down...she held herself back form it....so yes i agree women should be the one to kiss if they feel ready for it and they see the guy's thinking about it....its a great relief knowing she feels the same

PEACE OUT

• 4 weeks later...

In a girl-guy relationship there are certain benchmarks of progress that to happen call for someone to put themselves on the line and risk humiliation and rejection. This can cause a great deal of anxiety and so it is always the guys responsibility to bare the burden of these nervous risk. Thats why they call a man a MAN.

Its fun to talk about things using phrases like "its the 21st century" "modern times" etc but in reality we as people will never change the things that are inherent in us. Even though for the sake of political correctness we say it is socialized , the reality is any man who defers the uncomfortableness onto a female with respect to asking a girl out, initiating the first kiss or saying "I love you" first will find that he will feel shame. It is in the built-in male nature not only to protect the female but at the very least avoid saying "there is somthing that is emotionally stressful that one of us has to do, I want the girl to do it so I don't have to". Not to mention he is built better to absorb emotional trauma than she.

Further, once a man has done this, the seeds of disrespect form the girl on the boy will grow. She will never see him as the leader she wanted. All this talk about "Equall" who cares. What does equal mean? I can not give birth, and my sister can't pee out a camp fire. We are diffrent.

I don't know any guy who wants a girl who he didn't work to get, fight to get, a girl who is woth pursuit and worth the risk of rejection.

And oh, I think my above post refers to things like asking out, aproaching in a bar, "I love you" , will u marry me. etc. And one thing I forgot to add is guys love the hunt, the challange, of course thats been said too many times. Girls like a challange too but not as much as boys, plus girls are made to savor the thrill of pursuit.

I've got carpell tunnell I have to stop abruptly

But whomever the reader is reading this, I love you very much, you should know that