Rapid weight loss bit worried.

Ok I started the gym back in March when I quit smoking and although I obviously lost some weight it was only like 14lbs over 3 months which I thought was relitavely heathy. But over the past week I've lost almost 9lbs and I'm now down to 152 which is really worrying me why I've lost so much so quickly. I'm not doing anything that should make me lose that much I mean I've been trying to increase my calorie intake to stop it from falling off that fast. I'm really lost for what to do does anyone have any advice?

How tall are you? Maybe it's not such a cause for concern if that's a healthy weight for you. Also keep in mind that water weight can cause you to gain/lose weight very quickly... I can "lose" 5 lbs. in one day because of it! So for instance, if you genuinely lost 4 lbs. this week and then 'lost' 5 lbs. in water weight that wouldn't be so alarming...

152 lbs. for a girl is a healthy weight for anyone around 5'10"-6'0". If you're under 5'10" I'd say it's still a bit overweight anyway, as around 145 lbs. is an 'ideal' healthy weight if you're 5'9".

Hope that helps!

Lily

if you're 5'7", 152 lbs. is still overweight... you should lose at least 20 lbs. more IMO. 5'7" and 132 lbs. would be perfect. I think you're on the right track! I personally wouldn't worry as long as you're not starving yourself. How is your diet plan? Good luck with it.

As far as being 5'7, typically, 123-147 is listed as a healthy weight range based on body mass index measurements (BMI). Depending on your frame and muscle tone, you can weigh more or less.

Don't feel too pressured, you sound just fine to me

THe BMI charts are not terribly accurate beacuse they dont take into account bone density/structure and muscle mass. Of course it says in its disclaimer "depends on bone and muscles" but it doesnt give you any kind of guide. The best way is to use fat calipers to determine your overall fat levels.

As for your rapid weight loss, I wouldnt worry about it if you not starving yourself or feel sick etc. Weight loss does not happen in a linear fashion. It could be due to a variety of things such as water retention etc Maybe your scale is not calibrated, are you weighing yourself naked every time?

If you are concerned at all about your health then definitely see a doctor. Better to be safe. However my guess is its nothing.

hmm my bone structure is quite large and I don't think I would ever be lower then 140 unless I was ill and since I do weights I have a bit of muscle. When I got weighed at the gym last my BMI was definatly with in the recomended she said I was at my perfect weight which is why I'm worried that I'm losing more.

Sometimes weight drops off fast maybe one week , such as the water weight that someone mentioned. I would not get to alarmed just yet, and give it another several days or so and if you have significant weight loss again, over a matter of a week, then definitely see a doctor quickly. How are you feeling lately, such as energy level, appetite, and general well being ?