Hey girls, what do you think??

hey girls, my girlfriend broke up with me on anniversary, because i didnt mention anything about it or did anything about it. It was our 2 years anniversary, right now she is so mad, it has been a week. I tried to see her, she avoided me, and i gave her flowers. I left the flowers on her front door, because i know she doesnt wanna see me. So now, she said she wants some time alone and stuff. My plan is to get her a diamond ring, but i dont know if its going to get her back or not. So girls out there, please please tell me if you were her position, would you accept me back? = (

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this was a pattern of forgetfullness, not making gestures on important occasions, or rarely doing nice things for me for no particular reason occasionally, this would be the last straw for me.

But if it's a rare screw-up, I'd take you back. Don't get her a diamond ring, though. That's basically proposing marriage to get someone not to be mad at you anymore, and she will be just as upset if that's how she ends up being proposed to. You want to propose to her because you are both in a wonderful place in your relationship and it's logical you move to the next step - not because you're groveling to get back in her good graces. Trust me on this.

I'd probably be pretty pissed if my man missed our 2 yr anniversary. I would not leave him though! I'd write her a letter and let her know how sorry you are for what happened. Don't get into the pattern of buying her expensive things everytime you mess up...because as nice as ya'll can be...men can really piss us off sometimes!

If she doesn't take you back for that, I'd wonder how far it'll go if you do ever get back with her one day.

don't buy her anything..if she won't hear you out then just leave her alone.

Try getting some kind of organizer or set calendar reminder emails for special dates - bdays

I'll say it once again...DO NOT BUY HER ANYTHING

oh i'm a guy sorry

I like butwhybother's idea! Invite her to your place and do your own dinner...that way if she accepts the invite you can set it up. If she declines, when you're out...nothing!

Trust me...I'm a female and if my fiance forgot something and went out of his way to make it up to me...I'd probably feel really flattered that he put that much into fixing the small mistake that he made.

i cant make it up, she wont talk to me, she doesnt want to see me.

She told me she wants time alone and stuff, but i know that her birthday is in sept. What im planning to do is, get her sister to open the door, go in, and say happy birthday to her, and kneel down and say, winnie.im not asking you to marry me or anything, im just asking another chance, and i flash out the diamond ring.

Do you truly love her? It really worries me that you're setting yourself up here. For example, go with me here! lol When my fiance and I get into an argument...I'm not afraid that he'll leave me, but he's afraid I'll leave him. Somewhere in this relationship I got the card that said he has to beg me not to leave him during an argument. I don't want it to be that way. If we get into an argument, I want him to be open and tell me how he feels WITHOUT being afraid I'll leave him. With that being said, I've never threatened it before. But he says he's scared all the same. I'm trying to change that in him...and know that no matter how stupid our arguments are...I'm not going anywhere!

It seems like you might be giving her that option to make sure she has you on a leash. Ring a bell before dinner everytime and the dog will know that a ringing bell means dinner! Give her a gift or something expensive everytime you mess you and she'll expect it EACH and EVERY time!!!

Ahhh, but we aren't dogs!

Unless you were distant to her lately and been constantly forgetting important occasions then that would be enough for a break up. However if this is the only incidence that took place, that you happen to accidentally forget the 2 year anniversary, then I see no need to dump you. I would probably be kinda mad, but that wouldn't be enough to break up with you.

As to what you can do, don't give her any diamond nor flowers just to make her give better, give her time to get over that incident. Just write her a letter of how you didn't mean to forget that occasion and tell her that it doesn't mean you don't love her, that you tell do.

gg boi...I think if she doesn't want to listen to your appology since you're not perfect like she obvsiouly is...sarcasm...then I think it might be to move on. Find a girl who will just beat you up for missing the anniversary then let you say you're sorry a million times over (Not really getting physically violent!)

A girl like her sounds way too high maintenance! You'll have to keep your guard up everytime you're with her!

Sounds to me like she may be using this as an excuse for getting out of the relationship. Who knows what shes thinking I cant really tell.

What I would do is something to show her how much she means to you. Whats her favorite food, her favorite place in the whole world, her favorite color, song etc.

I would tell her that I wanted to see her because I had something I wanted to tell her. Hopefully she would oblige. Then second I would plan a very special evening for her. Dont say your sorry, dont say anything about screwing up, she knows you screwed up, she knows your sorry. Just make it the night that should have happened July 1st.

Find a place that you can set something up, whether this be a restaurant, a beach, your place. Set up little things that show her that you remember the little things, (this is where her favorite color, song, place etc come in).

When you get her in the car or wherever your going have her favorite song playing. Set up a table somewhere with flowers of her favorite color, leave little notes around the table about the small things you remember and love about her. Something as simple as "the way you scrunch up your face when your mad" "You hate thunderstorms because they make you feel uneasy" "Your ticklish under your arms but not on your stomach" Little things that most people gloss over. When she sees these things she will see you DO remember things, you do pay attention and that your oversight may have just been a mistake.

Cook her her favorite meal, again you can play her favorite song before dinner. Just be romantic, tell her happy anniversery like today was your anniversery. Show her the world and I'm sure she could find it in you to forgive you.

Would someone please explain to me why this is his 'mistake'? She had an equal opportunity to talk about the anniversary, to ask him out and to buy him a gift. But she decides that it is only his place to do that and she gets to sit back and be a princess receiving homage from her boyfriend in gratitude for her being his girlfriend.

She is as much to blame for this situation as he is.

If she wont meet up with you then theres nothing you can do, you've said your sorry you told her already, your gonna have to just let her be for now go into NC and just wait for her to contact you. I'm sorry man but its for the best.

I agree with DN, she didnt do anything for you, you should be upset as well, dont you have an equal part in this relationship and deserve equal treatment?

You sent her flowers...no response?

You called her...she said she needed time?

Is this everything...what else has she done to show you that she doesn't want to see you?

I was thinking she might need a day or two, but it's the 11th. If she really doesn't want to see you anymore, this might just be one of many things she sees wrong in your relationship, and has wanted out for some time. Or the last straw, who knows.

But once again on the diamond ring, BAD IDEA. It comes accross as very needy/almost creepy if she really doesn't want to be with you.

its not that i want her to get me anything. I just know i screwed up this 2 years relationship, basically she thinks i dont give a crap bout the relationship, cuz i know forgetting bout anniversary means i dont respect this relationship. I;ve thought about it, i guess i'll wait until she talks to me again.