I was having some problems with my boyrfriend and we had been fighting more than normal. Last week he stopped calling me for no reason and we hadn't even had a fight. I was so confused and finally I got him on the phone after 4 days. Well he dumped me over the phone after being together for 2 years. He didn't really give me a reason and we only talked for 20 minutes because he said he couldn't talk long. This was 2 days ago and I haven't talked to him since. I was shocked that he did it so quickly like it meant nothing. I know I want to take a break and have no contact for a few months but I'm not sure if I should call him beforehand. I would like some answers but I don't want to seem pathetic and I don't even know if he'll have any answers to give me. I just kind of want to get it out of the way and feel like I knew what happened and why. Any advice?

I can understand you wanting answers. In fact, I think it's wrong for him not to be open to giving you those answers.

You were together for 2 years, you deserve more than that.

But unfortunantely, he might not feel that way. And he's not a great guy if he does feel that way. And in that case, you are better off without him.

I think you need to focus on what you can control though and do no contact. Although it might be hard because you still have unanswered questions, it might just be better.

My ex did that to me but our situation was different. We were only together for 3 weeks but it still hurt big time knowing that I had no idea why we had broken up.

I think that no matter how long a relationship it, it hurts more not knowing why you had broken up more than it would had you known.

I think your best way to get through this would be to go NC and go out and have a good time with your friends to get your mind off him.

You can ask him all the questions you want, but you probably won't get any answers or truthful ones at that.

The bottom line is that he dumped you for whatever reason. Asking him questions will accomplish nothing. I'm speaking from experience here. Regrettably I was looking for reasons why one of my exes dumped me and she was just giving me the runaround. Don't waste your time.

And he dumped you over the phone after two years and he "couldn't talk long"? What a jerk.

Ergh, it sucks, that was an awful way to end things, however I would not be looking for "closure" from him, as I don't think you will ever get it. He will give you a runaround anyway. I can't believe he was that callous!

Start moving forward, look for your own "closure" (burning things he wrote you is often a good way!) and don't look back.