Not A Virgin Anymore But Worried

So woot woot I had sex with my girlfriend and now were no longer virgins. But um I am sort of worried. She had to take a long pee after having sex is that normal? Or should I be worried? Also what are the % of pre-cum getting a girl pregnant. It was protected sex but the first time getting it in it was not then I said after like it being in their for 3 seconds I said I need to put a condom on if we are going any furture. So I did. But should I be worried how I am now because I am really worried.

Blinking101,

Don't worry! Urinating after sex is completely normal. It is the body's way of cleaning itself from any type of infection.

I'm not sure about the percentages for getting a girl pregnant but I suggest you always make sure you have protected sex.

If you used a condom you should be safe.

Hey blinking,

The chance of getting pregnant from precum is small but it's there. In the future, ALWAYS put on a condom before you go in. Probably the fear you have now will remind you in the future

She should get a pregnancy test just for safety. Her peeing long does not really matter for that, as long as the condom was not broken (did you check?)

In addition to condoms, it's best to go 'double Dutch' as I have read this term on the forum (it's a use of 'Dutch' that one could be proud of for a change!). That means, she uses an IUD, like Mirena or copper, or the pill or something else in addition to a condom. Condoms are the best way to prevend STI's but it's the worst contraceptive (around 95% safe in comparison to 99,8% of Mirena).

It might be good to visit a clinic or her doctor to look for the best option. It's not a light decision to take in hormones, and they will probably not advise a young person to have a spiral inserted. How old are the two of you?

ilse

Peeing after is pretty normal, as the contractions and motions of sex can press on your bladder. She should actually pee before and after sex to reduce her risk of urinary tract infections which can be increased through sex by bacteria being introduced to her urethra.

Yes, there is a risk of pre-cum causing pregnancy. NEVER enter her without a condom, even if it is "just for three seconds".

You should also go to a Planned Parenthood together and discuss birth control options. Condoms are good, especially for preventing STI's, but you should ALSO consider using a backup method as condoms also have a higher risk of breakage and failure. The pill/patch, diaphragm + spermicide, IUD's, etcetera are all possible options to further reduce that risk of pregnancy.

Spermicides kill the sperm before they are able to swim into the uterus...

Spermicides come in several different forms: cream, gel, foam, film, and suppositories. Most spermicides contain nonoxynol, a chemical that kills sperm. Spermicides can be used alone but are more effective when used with another method of birth control such as a condom or diaphragm.

Essentially the spermicide condoms contain the chemicals to kill the sperm before they can escape.

They are said to be safer than 'normal' condoms. However, discuss and try different sorts. The Spermicide for me caused some vaginal 'discomforts' (but so does the latex from time to time). I think you will both be more relaxed if she is on the pill or another contraceptive.

Ilse

I'd suggest birth control... I used to worry and worry when I was younger about having sex, but the first long term girlfriend I got, she got on BC pill, and after we both got tested, I never used a condom, ever- for close to 2 years. I guess it ruined me because only when I have casual sex with girls I date, I used them, but with a girlfriend, It's always Birth control, no condoms.

If she's 18 and now sexual active, she needs to go see her gyno. She needs to ask about getting Birth control. She can do this without getting her parents consent if thats a problem.

For the record, most doctors won't give an IUD (copper or mirena) to an 18 year old girl with no children. The pill or patch is probably your best bet as far as using something you don't have to insert every time you have sex. Spermicides can be already on the condom or you can buy them separately, but it is easier to just use a spermicidal condom. Nonoxynol-9 (the active ingredient in spermicide) can cause irritation of the vagina (especially if you use it more than 1-2 times in 24 hours), so just talk to your girlfriend about it so she knows that if she experiences some abnormal pain or burning, she can talk to you and/or her doc about it.

Someone else said you two should go to Planned Parenthood together - EXCELLENT idea. They can let you know all about different kinds of birth control and their effectiveness, they usually have free condoms, she can get exams for little to no cost, and it's all confidential. Just Google them or check the phone book to find one in your area.